Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I'm going to have a great time this year and I will share it with you.

I was fishing with a very good friend Richard Mann. A lot of you know him as he was Your school Boss at some of the Utica shool's, By the way I painted a lot of the Utica school's in the middle 70s.

I'm sure some of you remember my show "The Creel Report" on Channel 56 on Thursday nights after This Old house. When I find out how to put them on I will try.

I was out a few times for the C&R Bass season. A lot of Bass and Pike. Saw a couple of the Girls an had one on for a couple of Heart Beats.

So my first Photo my friend Dick took of my Bass on June the 5th.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
This was taken last Thursday the 12th on a Lucy's Lulu Classic Brunner Runner. Fishing with Randy Schmitt.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy's ona Super Shad.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Dday plus 65 years. Spent the day dodging Muskie Baits instead of Bullets. My 80th year on the lake and I caught a Muskie on the first day of Muskie season. It wasn't big but it was pretty to see.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have been out 9 days of the Muskie season and I have some great memories already.

I have seen at least 1 50 inch or better Muskie every day so far.

I'm booked 3 or 4 days next week and I hope it keeps up. I have had some happy clients so far this year.

Brunner Runner's Rule.

A Tip. I forgot to sharpen a couple of hooks and it cost me big time. So Sharpen them Boys and Girls. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishing with Jerry and his Son Craig. The Kids fish as both Jerry and I were skunked.

One of my guest for his Birthday. a very nice Bass.

·
Registered
215 Posts
August 2008 I was home on leave from Iraq. My kid got this one on a crawler harness off the shipping channel. Made Daddy very proud. He was using a Shakespeare kids pole. Dang thing almost ripped it out of his hands lol.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice fish and make sure you keep him fishing. Thanks for your service. One Vet. to another.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Same to you buddy! He fishes with me all the time and loves it. So does my youngest and my daughter!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Bob, you went out with Randy? he's a good guy. Just met him a few months back.

Keep um coming HOFer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice fish Bob.....Thanks for the reminder about sharp hooks too

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How would you like to look at your motors and see this?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Look at the head on this Muskie caught on a Buck Tail.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
My good friend Jim Miller with a 44 he landed on a Buck Tail Friday. Jim and I have fished 3 Tournaments together in Kentucky as well as he and his Dad were clients of my years ago. A very nice person and a very good fisherman.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
+A Memorial Day.

Have a few minutes before I head out today so here is the story of yesterday.. We weren't out long and the 16 year old had a legal follow a Brunner Runner up to the boat but she just shyed away from the bait. Then they each caught a Bass. The Kid as I called him (12) had a fish of a little over 3 foot came at full speed and nailed a Lucy's lulu Classic Brunner Runner and just went balistic on the end of the line. It jumped all over the place and on its last Jump tossed the Buck Tail up in the air. I could not believe the Kid's reaction. He looked at my and put his hand on his Heart and said Oh its beating like crazy. What a thrill. This out of the mouth of a 12 year old.. Within a few more cast he had another one follow Lucy up to the boat and hit at it twice but didn't hook up. Then they both got into more Bass. Right around 1:30 the 16 year old just froze as a 50 plus came up under the Bummer's Bee he was throwing. He stopped the bee and as most of us learn that when you stop a bait in front of a Muskie they usually turn away. I am going to put this one into my memories along with a Phoito of the one photo of one of the Bass the 12 year old caught.

Good Fishing All. Bob

One of the Bass

Caught on a Brunner Runner.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I will add photos to the last two posting when I gat them off my camera,

Didn't get on the water until 11 A.M. and the fishing was terrible until 4 P.M. then the fish turned on like someone pulled the switch and both the Bass and the Muskie came alive. We landed one 47 incher and had others around us. Caught several Bass the biggest came on a Lucy's Lulu of all things. The Biggest Muskie were behind Brunner Runners and one nice fish came after a Red Eye.

JR Ewing casting away. She is one of my favorite Clients along with her Dad Pete. They took the photos of the fish as my battieries ran dry.

Her Father Pete.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A couple of photos from my trip with Drew and his Dad and GrandPa.
The Muskie in the net

1 - 20 of 78 Posts