Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was kool, I took my mom out for a ride thru metro and then up the clinton river. Sunday was a disaster! First I went to Roy's to gas up - $85 and the damn boat would'nt start. I called michigan marine salvage for a tow back to my markley well - $150. I took the starter off and took it to blue water marine for a possible rebuild - $150 - $200. Then I went back to the boat to grill some burgers and drink some beer. When I started packing up to go home my drunk a$$ slipped on the dock and I took a swim in the lovely clinton river. Also I had the company laptop go in with me. Luckily the case floated and i was able to retreve it! I dried it out But now the thing wont boot up - $800. Thats not all. While trying to get out I swam over to my neighbors boat to get out and his ladder was tierapped up so I grabbed it and tried to climb out. My foot hit the transducer for his fish finder and snapped it off! I estimate this cost at least $250 by the time he hoist's it out and replaces it. Now my leg and back are all bruised up and I feel like I got may a$$ kicked. If I get by without a total of $1500 I will feel lucky.
Note to self, Don't drink so much!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Bummer!!! Try to dry out the computer for a week...all that may be fried is the battery. It's a long shot. We just dropped a cell phone in the drink a couple of weeks ago and had to let it sit for 5 days, but now it works.

I had lots to drink yesterday, too
(Rich is still sick and I had to drink for the two of us, hehe) I moved slowly and carefully on the dock last night
Salt River is mucky and yucky.

How about insurance claim??? But, may not be worth it, if you know what I mean.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jun 28 2004, 02:05 PM)How about insurance claim??? But, may not be worth it, if you know what I mean.

Good luck to you.
I think my Boat us membership will cover $50 of the towing but Im not sure. Time to buy unlimited towing insurance!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 28 2004, 04:33 PM)Sounds like nothing was going right for you.
The docks on the river at Markley are omly 24" wide! Plus theres nail heads sticking up and loose boards. That and the beer factor is a recipe for disaster. I'll be building a hand rail on my side of the well this week for sure.

·
Registered
530 Posts
QUOTE(dno @ Jun 28 2004, 12:58 PM)Plus theres nail heads sticking up and loose boards. That and the beer factor is a recipe for disaster.
sounds like a recipe for a lawsuit.

sorry 'bout your weekend. I know how it goes all to well

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news! The company laptop is showing signs of life. I got it to boot up today. Not bad for having about a cup of clinton river water drip out of it. Looks like it just needed to dry out. I'll leace it off for a few days just to be sure.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 28 2004, 09:24 PM)I like the $85. gas up part.......

That was for a little over a half of a tank. 35 gals @ $2.46 per gal. I only have a 60 gallon tank. I don't even want to think about how much Hammertime drinks!

·
12,052 Posts
With gas already in the tanks......$300. gets me close to a half tank.

Went from beacon cove to metro thursday, gull friday, to belle river in Canada Saturday, then the moot on sunday and back to Beacon Cove.

I now need more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts