Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jonathan just called....if you guys read the article in the other post, you know what his unit did last night.

He is PUMPED!!!
The city normally contains about 450k people....as of right now, they're down to about 15k.

He had a mortar land about 15 meters from him, but other than that he has not been shot at or targeted.

His unit has commandeered an apartment building in Al-Najaf and he is getting ready to sleep in a REAL BED tonite before moving out in the morning...he got a real shower too....
OH MY GOSH....I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS----GOD BLESS AMERICA----GOD BLESS THE 101st.

He said the fight lasted about 6 hours total....no casualties!!! It was fierce at times, but he said..."Thank God for the 3rd ID tanks and the Air Force....we were calling in airstrikes and they flew in rocking and rolling....looked like the 4th of July..."

PS....his mom asked him about the Iraqi's faking their surrenders....he said, "..Don't worry mom, the Rules of Engagement have changed for us....
"

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
KEN, GLAD HE IS DOING GOOD !
and very glad he is over there supporting our freedom, and hlping out on a great cause....
Proud of you, your son & THE TROOPS

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
truly that is terriffic!
still praying for a fast return home!
keep kicking iraqui butt!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Mar 31 2003, 02:22 PM)PS....his mom asked him about the Iraqi's faking their surrenders....he said, "..Don't worry mom, the Rules of Engagement have changed for us....
"
I like that last part. Whatever those rules are now should have been the rules from day 1.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
That's GREAT news Ken!!!!!!!!!

I hope Jonathan gets some well-deserved peaceful sleep...and you too, after hearing from him. Once again, great news!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
My brother, your son has reached a level of manhood most men will never attain. It's like I said last night, "To those of us who have served. . .freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !". And for those warriors who have been tested in battle the taste is ever the sweeter. I congradulate you and his mom for bringing up a fine American Warrior. I salute you and your family. You guys are what being American is all about. . .he walks in the shadow of God and I am truly humbled in the presense of true greatness. Hooo-ya trooper. . .F-the-FN-FERS. . .on to Bagdad and my God have mercy on their souls !

Bauer. . .Out !

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Its funny, I swear I can hear Bob's voice as I read his post.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Mar 31 2003, 03:02 PM)Its funny, I swear I can hear Bob's voice as I read his post.

Me too!!

Well said Bob.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
...so nice to hear some good news today...I will keep him (and you, too) in my thoughts & prayers.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I needed some good news today and this was GREAT NEWS! Good for you Ken!! I agree, you'll be able to sleep good tonight too, knowing he's ok.

Here's to a quick end to this war!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Mar 31 2003, 03:02 PM)Its funny, I swear I can hear Bob's voice as I read his post.

yeah, me too

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Bob sounds like my old CSM - that boy never needed a radio, couple of tin cans and some line and he had commo. You could hear him a country mile.

Good AAR Ken. HOOAH

1 - 20 of 36 Posts