Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when we were in FL my record label suprised me with quite the birthday present in West Palm Beach
Here is the full report it gets interesting.

We got down to the dock at 7am and were greeted by Capt Kip of the Fighting Lady. Got out and started trolling immediately in 100ft. Could not keep up with the Benita bite. One after another. Then we got into something a little nicer that ended up being a Kingfish. And then a barracuda after that. Some fun fishing. Then capt Kip says we need to go and catch some mutten snapper for the lunch menu. So we did that for a couple hrs and after a few in the boat we started getting bit by hammerheads. SO the capt says he wants to try a wreck where they get Amberjack and so often some world class bull shark if their there
So I'm just crossing my fingers on the way to the spot that the sharks are around! Well we get all rigged up and start drifting live bait over the wreck. He says when you feel a bite let em have it for a minute and then tell me. And oh yeah "hold on tight!!"........It wasn't 5 seconds after the deck hand let's his bait to the bottom and he's bit. I see him give a nod to Kip and Kip puts the vessel in fwd and goes like a bat out of hell!!! good thing it wasn't be getting bit first cuz I wasnt ready for that lollol! So I grab the rod and the fight is on. Just as KIp say's it's a good one prob 50+ lb the pulling stops. Kip said it just got off our the sharks are here. So not 2 min later I get bit and again the fight wuz on!! This was VERY fast fishing lol. So I'm reeling this thing in and half way up from 200 ft down I feel a massive hit and then nothing. Then I reel in about a 10 lb Amberjack head pictured below!! I hear Kip say "The sharks are here!!" and then all hell breaks loose!! Here comes the STEEL as the deck hand runs out and starts getting the big gunns ready for battle. These guys were serious and not messing around!! Mind you this is where Kip has hooked into MANY 300 lb Bulls and what he thought a world record around 600!! So he hooks the Amberjack head with a big circle hook and thows it overboard to sink down into the wreck. It was pretty instant and the shark had grabbed our bait. Just as the deck hand handed me the rod I feel nothing and the shark is gone. Another shark had run into the line and no more shark. I was bummed and with only 15 minutes left things were not looking good to land my shark
So we hook 3 more Amberjack one of which I landed at a hefty 40lbs! The other 2 got completely ripped off by sharks. You couldn't get the things half way up!! So after an amazing experience on the Atlantic we go back and have the restaurant cook all the fish in different ways. We ended up with fried kingfish, barracuda, snapper and also blackened barracuda which was absolutely AMAZING!!! A fishing experience to remember and I'm going back in the winter for their world class sailfishing
Enjoy the pics

Fluid Marine biology Fish Fin Automotive lighting

Food Tableware Recipe Plate Ingredient

Active shorts Shorts Goggles Seafood Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Good job Brian. Happy Birthday. What a great present.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Happy B-Day bro.

Sweet fish.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Had to feel great to fish again. U can get spoiled in a hurry fish the wrecks down there, non stop action for hours. I caught a 4' barracuda down there on 10lb line. I think the fish was out of the water more than it was in LOL. Happy birthday...................

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Nice job Kid. HB. Gramps

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Fowlahh @ Aug 31 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow great post brian!!! Thats a lil different then castin for muskies eh

Happy birthday

Yeah no kidding lol. I liked the Amberjack fishing cuz you could set the hook and stuff

Thanx for the b-day wishes all.

Gramps I'll call you tomorrow

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 1 2009, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sweet....looks like you are gonna get hooked on fish with REAL teeth! lol

HBD buddy, I sent a txt yesterday, but your txting is prob broken after being on the road for so long. Lokking forward to the homecoming party!

yes I must say that I DO have a fettish for sharks. Like the idea of trying to hold one up for a pic
Homecoming party sounds GOOD!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.