Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HANDS DOWN I just had the best 48 hours of my life!!! We did & saw everything - even got to chill with a celebrity or two - my weekend totally kicked a$$!!!!

I have a TON of pics to share & so much to tell you...we did it ALL man!!

Definite highlight of my trip was seeing Norah Jones.
The cab dropped us off and we had to walk through the park to get to the soundstage, and all I could hear as we were walking through the trees was her music ringing throughout the park. OMG IT WAS FRIGGIN GLORIOUS - You guys know how much I LOVE her music!!

Here is my favorite picture - we took it as a joke kind of - like "look at me - woo hoo - my a$$ is at a Norah Jones concert in NYC" But looking at the picture now ~ look at the expression on my face - my face is just glowing and you can totally tell just how happy I was to be there - Definitely one of the top 3 happiest moments in my life.

That's what it's all about man!!!! Life is GOOD

ps. More pics coming soon!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Cool, cool, cool. Glad you had a great time! Those are the best when you feel absolutely no responsibilities other than enjoying a good time for a couple days. Summer's coming and that stuff will be like a weekly event!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Sounds awesome! Welcome back!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay...so NOW we're looking a little "tourist-eeee"

Big Salute to those guys - they were cool!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lunch in Greenwich Village ~ This musician came up to me and told me he composed this "swingin" CD - He asked to play it for me & I liked it. He offered to sell me one for $20 - I said o.k. - then he pulls out a cheesy memorex burned CD and I said Fuh-get-a-bout It!

He was a cool cat

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had dinner @ the blue ribbon - famous chef's eat there all the time (so we heard) My friend Shellene's mom loves this guy on the Food Network - he has 2 shows: Malto Mario & Eating Italian w/Mario (or something like that - that's the one I've seen before) The dude is a typical New Yorker. Anyways, low and behold, look who comes in when we were there - Rose was happy & he was really cool to chat with for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Nice touch with the NY Fire department!! Smokeater will like those!!!

Hey, Is Shellene wearing those same pants you had on today??? Gotta get me some of those!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shellene bought so much $hit she had to get a new suitcase - the thing is pretty much a small house on wheels.

It was a cozy spot to sit in and have some vino!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I said to Shellene "This S.O.B. is so big, I bet we could fit the 2 of us in it."

I was right ~ CHEERS!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Times Square last night @ the subway station. They are having a problem not having enough change - the fare is only $2 - so, when you go to get your pass, if you give them a $20 - THEY KEEP THE CHANGE!!! They are stressing on the news to have exact change, or else you won't get any back.

ps. a bum took this picture of us

Attachments

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who let the dogs out?!?!?!?

We opted for fashion instead of comfort - boy were we sorry mo fo's by the end of the night!! Ouch!!

Shellene nicknamed these the Chinese Torture Shoes.

(she was RIGHT!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Shandog! Look how skinny your a$$ is in that suitcase...

and that is a sentence that will never again probaby be uttered!

You girls are a riot!

And I'm pretty fn chatty right now so may just dialog with this pictures as they go up!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last one for the night.

Shopping in SoHo. We saw so many beautiful and eccentric people here - it rocked!!!

For 48 hours, we walked amongst them and were ourselves:
"The quintessential New Yorkers"

(thanks for the line Mr. Big!!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
It looks like you had so much fun. I can't believe you met
Malto Mario, how was the food? You even got to see Nora Jones, sounds like a blast! And by the way Shandog
Happy Mother's Day to ya!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts