Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one for the guys and the gals!!

Gals - Do you have real or acrylic or some other type of nails?

Guy's - Which do you prefer on your lady?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
anything that leaves real good marks in my back, let's me know I'm doing my part right.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(tpaige2000 @ Apr 1 2004, 11:49 AM)real with acrylic overlay
same here-

my real nails ar as long as the acrylic topcoat-

went real for years...... but now I'm MUCH happier w/ acyrlic...less work, nails always look nice.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This may tick people off, but my pet peeve.....

is when people say "they are my nails with acrylic overlay"

(sorry puppet show
)

I do not know why this bothers me?

When the overlay is taken off your nails are so brittle they break then of within a day or two tops.

"fake nails" all kinds acrylic, or the other have always grossed me out. I can not explain it. I personally would NEVER get them.

I am not saying people should not get them, I think if they are trimmed & not ghetto long, they can look nice and a great option for peeps that can not grow their nails and hate fixing chips.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I've had the fake ones in the past... and loved them when done well by a great person... but in a two days when I can see the nail grow out I start getting seriously bugged with them. And they get dirty underneath...

I think about it occassionally bc it is nice for those few days... but the expense and time and look most of the time make it a negative for me.

I'm all about natural!! lol.. hair color, boobilies and nails!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like real with a silk wrap. Your real nails still get to breathe.
and it helps with the strength, my real nails are so weak and bendy. If I had nice nails I would definately prefer natural.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Either/or, just take care of them.

Ladies, let them grow at least a little, or at least put some polish on them if you keep them short.

NO MAN HANDS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
real nails for sure - active length with a nice light opaque white on them. Looks great with a tan and goes with everything

"ghetto long girlie"...
those are so gross!!

how 'bout GUYS that get their nails done? always thought that was so [email protected] looking - buffed up nails on a guy never look good - bleah

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Apr 1 2004, 12:56 PM)This may tick people off, but my pet peeve.....

(sorry puppet show
)

When the overlay is taken off your nails are so brittle they break then of within a day or two tops.

"fake nails" all kinds acrylic, or the other have always grossed me out. I can not explain it. I personally would NEVER get them.

I am not saying people should not get them, I think if they are trimmed & not ghetto long, they can look nice and a great option for peeps that can not grow their nails and hate fixing chips.
I agree with you totally but I do know why it bothers me because it's like a lie and I hate liars. you must too

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Apr 1 2004, 12:56 PM)This may tick people off, but my pet peeve.....

(sorry puppet show
)

no problem girlie-

I used to have very long, natural nails- they were very hard to keep up- I also felt the way you do about acyrlic nails-
then 2 summers ago Laney treated me to a full set of acyrlic and I love them!!

I'll never go back! of course they are always well groomed and I never have to worry about broken nails or chipped polish...it's always perfect!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Apr 1 2004, 02:09 PM)no problem girlie-

I used to have very long, natural nails- they were very hard to keep up- I also felt the way you do about acyrlic nails-
then 2 summers ago Laney treated me to a full set of acyrlic and I love them!!

I'll never go back! of course they are always well groomed and I never have to worry about broken nails or chipped polish...it's always perfect!

Yours are not ghetto long either!!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Real or fake is fine with me.... As long as they have nails and dont bite them.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Real

and that applies to everything...

Hate a woman that has to cake everything on just to walk outside...

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
WHAT IS EVERYONE'S OPNION ON A LICENSED NAIL TECH'S NAILS? NATURAL OR OVERLAY?

I an a licensed nail tech and I got lazy and went to a chinese place to get my nails done fast and cheap and I ended up with fungus. It is almost all gone now luckly I'm licensed so I could walk right into a beauty supply store and buy the stuff that gets rid of it but now I feel as if I should let my nails breathe for a month or 2. Unfortunalely they will have to be short until they get their straingth back.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Not a real big deal as long as they're not too "ghetto long!" Nice natural nails are cool though.
If your real ones aren't healthy, then I'd say cover them up, but not with anything "ghetto-long"!
Real or fake though, don't whine when you break one. It'll grow back!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts