Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, Navionics makes the BEST GPS application for a mobile device. For 10 bucks I have a map of all the great lakes. This thing works just as well as a Garmin or Raytheon GPS for your boat.

I would recommend anyone buy it!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
QUOTE(dingbat1 @ Jul 8 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly, Navionics makes the BEST GPS application for a mobile device. For 10 bucks I have a map of all the great lakes. This thing works just as well as a Garmin or Raytheon GPS for your boat.

I've been considering an iPhone; it uses AT&T provider right?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(dingbat1 @ Jul 8 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly, Navionics makes the BEST GPS application for a mobile device. For 10 bucks I have a map of all the great lakes. This thing works just as well as a Garmin or Raytheon GPS for your boat.

And the BEST mapping for the Great Lakes.....can be used in most chartplotter/GPS units.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is AT&T. I get coverage with it EVERYWHERE! And the good news is that it will store the map data on the phone, so if you are in Canada it will still work. The iPhone has an actual aGPS chip inside of it that doesn't require the cell towers to locate it's position: it can just use the cell towers to pin point location within a couple inches.

Honestly, it is one of the best devices that I have used: for a businessman or just a kid, it will work for anybody.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This software looks pretty sweet. Although I really hate to get rid of my Verizon. I will have to see if they come out with a version for the Blackberry storm. Maybe I will get one of those.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
QUOTE(dingbat1 @ Jul 8 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is AT&T. I get coverage with it EVERYWHERE! And the good news is that it will store the map data on the phone, so if you are in Canada it will still work. The iPhone has an actual aGPS chip inside of it that doesn't require the cell towers to locate it's position: it can just use the cell towers to pin point location within a couple inches.

Honestly, it is one of the best devices that I have used: for a businessman or just a kid, it will work for anybody.

Sweet! I have Sprint right now and if I drop one more call I'm gonna head over to the local Sprint store and shove my phone right up someone's @$$

No wonder they have security guards at the door to those places.

Off to the AT&T store!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts