Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be an open tournament on Lake Erie on 4-17-10.This will be an NBAA event,the cost is $50.00 plus an optional $10.00 big bass pot.We'll be launching at Dempsey Ramp,starting times are 6:30am until 3:30pm.

·
Registered
873 Posts
QUOTE(riverwalker2 @ Mar 10 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There will be an open tournament on Lake Erie on 4-17-10.This will be an NBAA event,the cost is $50.00 plus an optional $10.00 big bass pot.We'll be launching at Dempsey Ramp,starting times are 6:30am until 3:30pm.

OOOOOOH ! There is some saWEEEEEEEEET fishing over there that time of year. I hope to be able to make it ! Appreciate the info.

Nick N

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dave, KMR Lure would be happy to help out with product for the folks that fish this event.
If interested give me a call. Would love to help out.
Joe Rummelt
KMR Lure
231-689-0992

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No,not last year,the weather wouldn't cooperate.I wasn't a member the year before that,but our director told me that the top 5 teams all had 20lbs.or better,I didn't ask him how many boats were fishing that day though.As with any tournament,especially opens,it's hard to guess exactly how many people will show up.As of right now,a month out,judging from the people I've talked to myself,I would guess that it's going to be a good turn-out,especially if the weather is pretty good.You can pretty much expect any tournament on Lake Erie in mid April to have a good crowd,considering the dark months of winter are finally going to be over,and everybody can shake the cabin fever.

·
Registered
873 Posts
QUOTE(Erie Bayman @ Mar 15 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ran this event two years ago and we had 12 boats. Like Riverwalker2 said there were 5 sacks over 20#. The weather was terrible too. I will be giving away KMR Lures at this event. If you need more info call or e-mail. 419-708-5796 [email protected]

Brad

Matt Morgan and I fished this two years ago, we had our biggest team sack at 24.12 and Jared Rhode edged us out with 24.15. We did manage big bass with a 6.4. The turnout wasn't the best probably due to the weather, we watched Clapper drive by and do a u turn. Not due to the weather but probably checking the boat amount ? Anyhow there was another pretty big tourney the same day. Dave and Charles Hasty won that with 23 and change. We talked to them out on the water for a bit so that could have afftected the turnout. The constant was BIG FISH eating. It was ran great and we still had fun and thats all that matters in the end.

Looking forward to it this year.

Nick N

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanx guys i appreciate the info i've fished nbaa for the last couple of years
really enjoy it. I assume that we could sign up at the ramp. I'll try my best to be there as I am dieing to do some fishing. thanks again

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
QUOTE(CATCHEM @ Mar 16 2010, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Erie Bayman @ Mar 15 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ran this event two years ago and we had 12 boats. Like Riverwalker2 said there were 5 sacks over 20#. The weather was terrible too. I will be giving away KMR Lures at this event. If you need more info call or e-mail. 419-708-5796 [email protected]

Brad

Matt Morgan and I fished this two years ago, we had our biggest team sack at 24.12 and Jared Rhode edged us out with 24.15. We did manage big bass with a 6.4. The turnout wasn't the best probably due to the weather, we watched Clapper drive by and do a u turn. Not due to the weather but probably checking the boat amount ? Anyhow there was another pretty big tourney the same day. Dave and Charles Hasty won that with 23 and change. We talked to them out on the water for a bit so that could have afftected the turnout. The constant was BIG FISH eating. It was ran great and we still had fun and thats all that matters in the end.

Looking forward to it this year.

Nick N

Jared Rhode is tough on that Ohio side....I drew him in a BFL event and he is pretty darn good out in open water....Probably as good as I have fished with....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Any word on boats expected for this event ? I have spoken to a few guys about the MONSTER LM bite in the bay right now. I didn't expect that with this weather. Could be won on LM ? Anyhow, haven't seen this on NBAA's site or BBC or any others. Worried about the turnout. Would hate to see just the 12 boats we had 2 years ago.

Is it gonna be NBAA run or just NBAA's directors putting an informal tounrney on ? Either way Matt Morgan and I are in !

Who else ?

Nick N

We will pitch in a misc new tackle pack consisting of KAMIKAZEE, POOR BOY'S, MIZMO, and LUCKYCRAFT to the first boat out of the money !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(CATCHEM @ Apr 6 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any word on boats expected for this event ? I have spoken to a few guys about the MONSTER LM bite in the bay right now. I didn't expect that with this weather. Could be won on LM ? Anyhow, haven't seen this on NBAA's site or BBC or any others. Worried about the turnout. Would hate to see just the 12 boats we had 2 years ago.

Is it gonna be NBAA run or just NBAA's directors putting an informal tounrney on ? Either way Matt Morgan and I are in !

Who else ?

Nick N

We will pitch in a misc new tackle pack consisting of KAMIKAZEE, POOR BOY'S, MIZMO, and LUCKYCRAFT to the first boat out of the money !!

I fished up that way last Saturday and did real well on both greenies and smallies.I ended up boating 14 smallies and 9 largemouth.I didn't fish the Bay,I was mainly around the main East Harbor channel.The water temps in East Harbor were 58-59 degrees,and the temps out in the main lake were 48-50 degrees.Both the smallies,and the largemouth are very active,at least they were last weekend,most of the fish I caught hammered the lures I was using.As far as the turnout for the open,the last time I spoke with Brad(director)he said he was expecting a good turnout,if the weather cooperates,I'm sure a lot of guys will show up.The extended forecast for the 17th is calling for partly cloudy skies with a temp of 67,not too shabby,if it holds true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.