Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good canvas shop. I need some eisenglass panels replaced on my 41' Searay. I have attempted to reach a number of local shops (including LSCN sponsers) and either don't get a call back or can't get anyone to come out to my boat. I appreciate it's a very busy time but it has been frustrating just getting someone to talk to me.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Call Dan Hossack over at Boat Works 586 292-2828. I have had him do a full upholstery, repair work, cockpit covers, and odds and ends. He has done some work for Capt Peglegg and a couple of other LSCNers.

·
12,052 Posts
My suggestion on whoever you use. Give them as little money up front as possible. EVERYONE I know lately that has work done, never gets it finished. Really a shame.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
...Don't know where you are on the lake, but I've used J-Craft Canvas in Algonac a number of times... always gets the work done (sometimes a bit of a wait, she's busy), and always a very reasonable price.

She's in a smallish Quonset Hut along M-29 near Johnnie Lega's Bar.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
TRY bills on jefferson and 10 mile 586 775 0473

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had my front glass replaced last year and a cockpit cover made this year. Have used Canvas Concepts in Algonac both times with great success. They are in the same building as Mike's Marine and the owner is Russ. I ordered the cockpit cover in February and got it in May. He starts to get busy in Feb / March and doesn't return to "normal craziness" until July. Prices are reasonable!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts