Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
*sorry for the edit of this old post, I wanted to delete my number*

I'm installing twin fuel flow transducers this weekend and they have to be calibrated. The instructions say the best way for this is to use a small portable fuel tank, like 5 gallons (plus or minus). This way you start with a known amount of gas, 5 gallons and then once you use up the 5 gallons, you see what the fuel flow meter says you used. If it says you used 6 gallons, then you adjust it to show you used 5 and then it's calibrated. Seems easy, but I don't have a portable fuel tank! I'd hate to have to buy one for a one time use.

If anyone is willing to let me borrow one for part of the day, I'd be greatly greatly appreciative!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Bob call me.... My neighbor Bob has one on wheels.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, I'll give you a call today. After thinking about this for a little bit, I'm thinking I may need two seperate portable fuel tanks, one for each engine/transducer. I'll have to take a look at my gas tank to see how it's set up. Hopefully it will be easy to connect two tanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to clarify, I have portable gas cans for like filling up your lawn mower, but what I need is a fuel tank, like you would use on a dingy or little fishing boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts