Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
It will probably cost you more to repair it then it would to replace it with a 42"LCD flat screen.. Did it stop working or is the picture just getting weak or blurry?? If the picture is just getting weak or blurry it might just need a good cleaning on the inside.. take the back off and clean the projectors or gun lenses with a good lens cleaner.. Don't use windex.. Also clean the mirror that reflects the picture to the front screen..

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Mar 10 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It will probably cost you more to repair it then it would to replace it with a 42"LCD flat screen..

This

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(mark352 @ Mar 10 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the colors are not aligned

I get 3 pictures
1 red 1 green 1 blue all just a little off from the other

I want to give it to Nick if we can get it fixed cheap

At least you're not getting a DOUBLE PICTURE. lol

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(mark352 @ Mar 10 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the colors are not aligned

I get 3 pictures

Depending on what kind of Sony it is, You may be able to reallign the guns yourself. I had a 51" that had the same problem. I found a site online that taught me how to do it with the remote control.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
My dad gave his big 51" rear projection TV to my grandma for free when he got his 55" LCD. Not even a year later she wants the thing out of her house and replace it with a nice slim 42" LCD.

Sometimes it worth just getting the LCD in order to get the big one out of your house.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I second Gibson TV. Had many a smaller tv fixed there and they have always been reasonable. They will call you and let you know if it's going to be over $100 or not before they touch it.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
How old is it? Do you have the manual??

I agree with Jason R, you can probably do it through some menus and calibrations. If it is an alignment issue, it should be done in the place where it's used... moving it can itself cause mis-alignment.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Mar 10 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(mark352 @ Mar 10 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the colors are not aligned

I get 3 pictures

Depending on what kind of Sony it is, You may be able to reallign the guns yourself. I had a 51" that had the same problem. I found a site online that taught me how to do it with the remote control.

I agree.. this is a pretty simple fix and should be outlined in your owners manual.. I know the 55 Hitachi manual I have explains how to do it.. Mine you can either do it it with the remote or the controls on the front of the TV.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts