Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a new pup yesterday and can't come to an agreement on a name. He is a solid brown German Shorthair Pointer, and I do intend to use him as a bird dog.

I like:
Buckwheat, Monte, Eric, Brodie, Sully, Mongo, Izzy, Ozzy, Uzzi, Gus and a few more that I can't remember that my wife and daughter have rejected. <_< (the wife does like Brodie & Sully though)

My wife likes:
Phoenix, Remington

My daughter likes Phoenix.
I don't think he looks like a Phoenix so I rejected that one.

Any other suggestions?
will post cute puppy pics as soon as they are available

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
You could dig up my old "Puppy Name" thread, but our dog is a female.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Top Gun
Great dog!! Jim has a white spotted one that is just great her name is Kalen. They are a little on the hyper side as pups but so friendly. Her and my golden are just the best of friensds and they love children.

Good luck with the name. It will click give it time..

Sue

What about "Dee O Gee" get it DOG I saw that once thought it was so cute

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Sue-ECH @ Aug 18 2003, 08:19 AM)Top Gun
Great dog!! Jim has a white spotted one that is just great her name is Kalen. They are a little on the hyper side as pups but so friendly. Her and my golden are just the best of friensds and they love children.

Good luck with the name. It will click give it time..

Sue

What about "Dee O Gee" get it DOG I saw that once thought it was so cute
I already know a few people that did that. Don't want to look like some copy-cat

·
Registered
51 Posts
top gun

I took my dog kalen to a bird training school up in brown city it was a 10 week course but would highly recommend it (farmland pheasnt ranch).

cant wait to see the pics

JIM

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(jimcat @ Aug 18 2003, 08:38 AM)top gun

I took my dog kalen to a bird training school up in brown city it was a 10 week course but would highly recommend it (farmland pheasnt ranch).

cant wait to see the pics

JIM
tanx jimcat, I'll keep that in mind. Another guy that came highly recommended is Preston Mann. Ever heard of him?

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Aug 18 2003, 10:55 AM)or....

Hunter
I've got two friends that use that for their business names, and two other friends that name their dogs "Hunter"
I like it, but too common.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn't there some indian dude that was a famous tracker for Lewis & Clark or someone like that?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Aug 18 2003, 11:45 AM)Wasn't there some indian dude that was a famous tracker for Lewis & Clark or someone like that?

There was Sacagawea, but that was a woman.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 18 2003, 11:54 AM)QUOTE(Top Gun @ Aug 18 2003, 11:45 AM) Wasn't there some indian dude that was a famous tracker for Lewis & Clark or someone like that?

There was Sacagawea, but that was a woman.

and too long
here sacagawea, stay sacagawea, get the bird sacagawea!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What about Comere, short for (come here) . That way you save time by not having to say for example ( Come here Izzy ).

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
or maybe orgasm. cuz every time I call him, he comes

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How about Dammit?

"Come here, Dammit!"

"Sit, Dammit!"

"Dammit, lay down!"

Come to think of it, I should change my dog's name now.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 18 2003, 12:01 PM)How about Dammit?

"Come here, Dammit!"

"Sit, Dammit!"

"Dammit, lay down!"

Come to think of it, I should change my dog's name now.

for the first 10 years of my life, thats what I thought my last name was. And I thought my first name was God

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Better yet, you could name your dog "Hole" and while your at it you should name your house "Harry Butt". And when poor little Hole runs away you could tell the police that you looked all over your Harry Butt but couldn't find your Hole.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Aug 18 2003, 03:43 PM)Better yet, you could name your dog "Hole" and while your at it you should name your house "Harry Butt". And when poor little Hole runs away you could tell the police that you looked all over your Harry Butt but couldn't find your Hole.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts