Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and know what they're doing?

Robyn is re-doing our bedroom & has never painted before.
I'm just not a painter!

PLEASE HELP US!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Exactly what are you trying to do? Are you just using a roller, or are you trying to do something fancy?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Always do the ceiling first (unless its the same color as the walls). Start with your cut-ins (edges) Using a brush is the easiest way.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I want to paint the whole room- 3 colors so far. One wall is going to be a dark color, the rest of the walls a neutral color, and the trim white. We have the bedroom and the bathroom. I was going to have my cousin's husband paint it (he's a professional painter), but he quoted me $1000!!!!!

He has guys working for him, and he could not really cut me a good deal.
So, I asked him if he thinks I could do it myself....and he said sure. He gave me a few suggestions- what paint to use and supplies. He is kind enough to give me his company discount for supplies.

I never painted anything this large before, so I don't know how good it will turn out. If we could just have someone that knows how to patch up some cracks we have, I think I could attempt to start painting.

The problem we have......is that we are getting carpet installed early next week and I wanted to room painted before that....so, we are definately laking on time (I know I procrasinated!!)

So....we will pay someone out there to paint as long as it is reasonable....or if anybody finds painting fun and exciting (hee hee) and wants to help me out or give me pointers- let me know!!

Our home phone- 586-725-5295

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If you decide you want a professional. My brother inlaw owns a painting business. He's very reasonable and is looking for work desperately.

His name is Jeffrey Komisarz

JSK Painting
586-445-1959

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ May 7 2004, 10:35 AM)So does that me you are in?
I can't today, but I'm available tomorrow if you still need help.

Its Jill's B-Day today and we're busy doing stuff around here before the family comes over.

I'd be happy to help tomorrow if needed. I can even bring my paint sticks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thank you everyone for your responses and offering of your services!

I used JasonR's suggestion, and called his brother-n-law. He is coming over this afternoon to give me a quote. If it is out of our price range....I will give the offerees a call!! So, don't make any plans just yet!! hee hee

Once again, thanks all you lovely people!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ May 7 2004, 01:06 PM)Thank you everyone for your responses and offering of your services!

I used JasonR's suggestion, and called his brother-n-law. He is coming over this afternoon to give me a quote. If it is out of our price range....I will give the offerees a call!! So, don't make any plans just yet!! hee hee

Once again, thanks all you lovely people!!

I already heard about it. He called me about 10 minutes after he talked with you.
I'm sure he'll give you a good deal. He's also very good.
Maybe I'll get a finders fee.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks Jason for your recommendation!! Your brother-n-law, Jeff, is a very nice guy. We both agree we have met before....probably, boating and partying at the bars.

He is going to start painting our room on Monday. Our carpet is being installed on Tuesday....nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I will do my very best in the future to pass out his cards and tell people about his services. Hopefully, we can keep him busy this summer!

As far as your finders fee.......how about free beers at Steve's Bar (or your cocktail of choice)!
You could come over on Monday, have some cocktails and supervise Jeff.......maybe he could use some help!! hee hee

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I would have worked for just beer and pizza.

I'm no pro though. You'll probably be happier with his results anyway.

Patching drywall cracks is the part I hate. <_<

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ May 7 2004, 02:09 PM)Thanks Jason for your recommendation!! Your brother-n-law, Jeff, is a very nice guy. We both agree we have met before....probably, boating and partying at the bars.

He is going to start painting our room on Monday. Our carpet is being installed on Tuesday....nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I will do my very best in the future to pass out his cards and tell people about his services. Hopefully, we can keep him busy this summer!

As far as your finders fee.......how about free beers at Steve's Bar (or your cocktail of choice)!
You could come over on Monday, have some cocktails and supervise Jeff.......maybe he could use some help!! hee hee

That's a good idea. Maybe I should come out and drink beer and watch him work.

·
Registered
320 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 7 2004, 12:17 PM)I would have worked for just beer and pizza.

I'm no pro though. You'll probably be happier with his results anyway.

Patching drywall cracks is the part I hate. <_<
Thanks Snow for offering your help! But, the room does need some patch work (water leak) and I want 3 colors. Having a painter does make it easier, because he has all the equipment and getting the paint.

Hopefully, the next room I want to paint, I will be better prepared and not be on such a time crunch. He is giving us a fair price (so much better than my cousin's husband- not that isn't nice guy!).

I am glad that I can give Jeff some business...things are little slow for him right now....and hopefully we can help him in the future.

In the future....I will definately remember you work for beer & pizza. We have a lot of projects in the works!! hee hee

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ May 7 2004, 01:50 PM)Thanks Snow for offering your help! But, the room does need some patch work (water leak) and I want 3 colors. Having a painter does make it easier, because he has all the equipment and getting the paint.
Usually when you patch drywall though, you need to wait 24 hours for the mud to dry so you can sand it and then paint over it.

Unless there is some speedy way that I'm not aware of, I don't see how he can do it all in a day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts