1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK-
I guess I have to swallow my pride here and ask for help

I need a mechanic that will give me a break...or even a payment plan

My Durango has been sitting in my driveway for about 2 months now.....thought I had transmission problems but recently learned that it's the fuel pump-
( I was told it's a labor intensive job which makes it costly)

I had to return my loaner car yesterday which leaves me fighting w/ my 17 yr old to use her car-

anybody know of someone????
please

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Dec 3 2003, 10:30 AM)Lisa, how did you go from a transmission problem, to a fuel pump problem? Who diagnosed your durango?
That's exactly what I was thinking....

What is the Durango doing or not doing?

Does the engine turn over?

Does the engine start?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Dec 3 2003, 11:53 AM)Give Hazy a call. He's unemployed and could use the money.
thank you J.

That also goes for anybody else with vehicular types of issues too.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Dec 3 2003, 10:30 AM)Lisa, how did you go from a transmission problem, to a fuel pump problem? Who diagnosed your durango?
I know NOTHING about cars...

my ex drove it and told me it was probably the transmission- so I just parked it- too expensive to fix-
didn't want to deal w/ it

my dad was talking to someone and they told him it was probably the fuel pump-

it starts no problem.......it will only go about 25 mph-

before this every once in awhile when i would floor it it would not go......cough alittle......
but not very often- ?????

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
ok -- so really, nobody has physically looked at it.

It could be something really simple or something really complicated

Either have me, or Jabber, or 3crabs, or someone who knows a bit about these things come over and try to get a bit closer to a diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm.........It is a Dodge.....You have to talk nice to it....

If it were and older car I would say it sounds like fuel pump or catalitc converter....

But I also don`t know much about mechanics...Glass... Yes ... running no

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i would say call hazy, if it is a trans problem 3 crabs is the man...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 3 2003, 11:02 AM)QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Dec 3 2003, 10:30 AM) Lisa, how did you go from a transmission problem, to a fuel pump problem? Who diagnosed your durango?
I know NOTHING about cars...

my ex drove it and told me it was probably the transmission- so I just parked it- too expensive to fix-
didn't want to deal w/ it

my dad was talking to someone and they told him it was probably the fuel pump-

it starts no problem.......it will only go about 25 mph-

before this every once in awhile when i would floor it it would not go......cough alittle......
but not very often- ?????
I doubt it is the fuel pump if it will go 25mph.(could be wrong)

My sister had a problem with her jeep not going over 55, come to find out after a little checking her trans fuild was extrememly low. Go Figure.

I agree have Hazy or 3crabs look at it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Lisa, How many miles on it? Did it start to act up gradually or suddenly?

It could be something as simple as a plugged up fuel filter.

Most fuel pumps are now inside the fuel tank. In most cases the tank must be removed to replace the pump. That is why it is labor intensive.

I would offer to look at it but it looks like you got some good and closer offers already.

Way to go guys! That is one of the best things about this site. When somebody needs help. There is usually one or two peeps that can handle it.

Swallowing your pride?!?! I DON'T think so......Shame on you for not asking sooner!

·
12,052 Posts
Rich (3crabs) has a number of plug-in diagnostic devices. Maybe you could hook-up and for sure tell the problem, then have Hazy fix it or something.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks you guys for all of your help!!

Jabberjawz is coming over Sunday to look at it- we will go from there-

I left a message w/ 3crabs also, regarding the transmission part of it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dodge's are notorious for having bad catylitic converters. Your problem sounds very much like the symptoms of that problem. Hazy will be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I had the problems you described. Once with my old Jeep Wrangler I couldn't go over 50 without it hesitating and struggling=transmission.

The other time with my old Camaro it wouldn't go over 35 at all=spark plug problems....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts