Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife loves to fish and usually sits on the seawall and fishes in one spot (perch rigs and worms), she doesn't care what she catches, just enjoys it. I love fishing from my boat (throwing plastics), trolling the side walls and canals looking for bass or anything else.

The problem: When we go together i am usually moving along with the trolling motor and her line it dragging along getting caught on weeds and whatever.

The question: How can i rig her pole to work better trolling around?

First Thought: Instead of perch rigs, I can hook her up on crawler harnesses, so while we are moving the blade is spinning around.

WHAT ELSE?

Thanks...

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE(ScotHershman @ Jun 23 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife loves to fish and usually sits on the seawall and fishes in one spot (perch rigs and worms), she doesn't care what she catches, just enjoys it. I love fishing from my boat (throwing plastics), trolling the side walls and canals looking for bass or anything else.

The problem: When we go together i am usually moving along with the trolling motor and her line it dragging along getting caught on weeds and whatever.

The question: How can i rig her pole to work better trolling around?

First Thought: Instead of perch rigs, I can hook her up on crawler harnesses, so while we are moving the blade is spinning around.

WHAT ELSE?

Thanks...

Slip bobbers with a crawler or a minnow.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Three way rig with a 12" - 24" dropper and a "walleye" minnow hooked thru the lips.

Dropshot on a 12" lead with a plastic goby or Gulp! alive minnow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts