Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bilge pump is fried it keeps blowing fuses, the boat is a 230 searay sundancer and I phisicly cant reach the pump. It is tucked under the front of the motor. Any sugestions on someone who could replace it for me would be apreciated(sp).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I had a similar problem years ago. I just cut the wires, left the pump where it was at and located a new one that was in easy reach. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(daileyinterest @ May 19 2004, 07:47 AM)I had a similar problem years ago. I just cut the wires, left the pump where it was at and located a new one that was in easy reach. Good luck.
Yup, me too on my last boat. It's pretty easy.

Just be sure that the the plumbing can get back to the fitting on the side of the boat, before you mount the pump!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
ya gotta love how they design the engine compartments.

of course I wouldn't want to sacrifice deck or cabin space either.

G

·
I like the idea to just mount a new one, and remove the old if you ever have the engine out in the future.

How close are you to being able to get to it? I was thinking you might be able to free up some working space by removing an exhaust manifold on one side. That might give you the extra room to reach it. You'd have to replace the mainifold gasket which I think is about $10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts