Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all fellow fisherman. I am an avid outdoorsman and fisherman but I am not having much luck catching walleye. I am looking for some tips from anyone willing to let me pick there brain. My cousin and I went out yesterday on lake st clair in the south channel all day from 8am to 7:30pm and only caught 1 walleye and 10 perch. I know the fish are there but for some reason I cannot get them to bite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Kevin28 @ Jul 13 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello all fellow fisherman. I am an avid outdoorsman and fisherman but I am not having much luck catching walleye. I am looking for some tips from anyone willing to let me pick there brain. My cousin and I went out yesterday on lake st clair in the south channel all day from 8am to 7:30pm and only caught 1 walleye and 10 perch. I know the fish are there but for some reason I cannot get them to bite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin
Troll around the St Clair light this time of year. Dumping grounds to SCL is great. Right on the drop off. Welcome by the way. Check out the fishing forum here. There are some LSC reports from this past weekend.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
If you can't find them in the lake then try in the SCR & DR. I know walleye are being caught in the middle & lower DR by pulling BB's with harnesses & spoons, jigging & handliners at night.

·
Registered
124 Posts
QUOTE(Kevin28 @ Jul 13 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello all fellow fisherman. I am an avid outdoorsman and fisherman but I am not having much luck catching walleye. I am looking for some tips from anyone willing to let me pick there brain. My cousin and I went out yesterday on lake st clair in the south channel all day from 8am to 7:30pm and only caught 1 walleye and 10 perch. I know the fish are there but for some reason I cannot get them to bite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin
hey kevin,welcome.......fished the scr this morning,just downriver from the power plant up by st.clair.we trolled downriver and picked up four this morning.lots of silver bass.they say if your catching gobies your trolling to slow.depth varies 18-30 in there between channel and shore (USA SIDE)in the 20-25 foot depth it seemed.bb and copper red beads.good luck,there r more experienced fishermen here,i'm sure things will pick up.if i get to lsc this week i'll try to post .

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
i like to troll harnesess with bottom bouncers and inline weights with inline boards no faster than 1.0-1.8 u can go faster with lures though but i have better luck with harnesess and if u have a gps as soon as u get one mark that spot and start circling that spot and u can never go wrong with hammered copper with red beads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts