Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up in Copper Harbor, the water is clear enough to see first hand exactly what power loading does to a launch ramp. This photo was taken off the back of my boat docked up in the launch.

Depth at the end of the dock was about 4 feet. The middle of the hole was about 5 feet, and the area surrounding the hole was about 2 -3 feet!

I had to push my boat out and let her float a good 50 feet before I felt comfortable enough to lower the drives and start up the engines.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
WHY MUST THEY , FROM PURE LAZINESS, , BAD ATTITUDE,
POOR GENETIC MAKE UP ?
DESTROY THE RAMPS, ACCESS SITE BY POWERLOADING !?

WHY !?
PLACES POST IT IS ILLEGAL, AND THEY STILL DO IT.

GLAD YOU HAD NO DAMAGE THIS TIME BAYLEY.

G

·
Everybody knows that's not from powerloading, it's from the trailer manufacturers who say their trailers are "drive-on" and the State of Michigan for not taking that into consideration and pouring at least 100 feet of concrete below the waterline on every ramp in the state. Ohio and Kentucky are also to blame because they allow powerloading and if it's ok there, then people can't be expected not to do it here, even when there is "Power Loading Prohibited" signs on every ramp dock. Right??

Whoohoo... Powerloading is alive and well on LSCN!!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bill, it's like a sore on my......that just won't go away!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Come on, thats not from powerloading... someone tell CBJ that its from a large bluegill or bass during their spawning season and he should drop a line in and wait for the wopper that left that nest

Tony

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Aug 21 2003, 05:32 PM)Everybody knows that's not from powerloading, it's from the trailer manufacturers who say their trailers are "drive-on" and the State of Michigan for not taking that into consideration and pouring at least 100 feet of concrete below the waterline on every ramp in the state. Ohio and Kentucky are also to blame because they allow powerloading and if it's ok there, then people can't be expected not to do it here, even when there is "Power Loading Prohibited" signs on every ramp dock. Right??

Whoohoo... Powerloading is alive and well on LSCN!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The only ramp we have over here to use is so damn steep I have to powerload. Many a man has tried to use the winch and crank mine up the bunks but it just isn't going to happen! Now with a good ramp there is no way I would powerload.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Bayley @ Aug 27 2003, 03:32 PM)James, you are a hoser.
Hoser ! Aye !

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts