Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all ...

I know that there are a couple of threads on this topic, but I gave up after scrolling back about 15 screens.

I am getting tired of driving to the marina on Friday nights after work, and breaking out the Stauffer's skillet sensation 'Meal in a bag' and salad.

Usually don't get to the boat until 18h30 or so - so once dogs and gear are loaded up, looking to hit somewhere on the top end of the lake / St Clair River as my marina is on the Canadian side across from Algonac. Any ideas? Looking for somewhere easy in/out, now that it is getting dark earlier ...

Merci a l'avance,
Scott.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Decker's is on the North Ch. and Brown's is on the Middle Ch. (the southish side). I like Brown's myself and it's cheap. Bonus, SunBum's are there a lot.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Browns it is for me ,,Jeff the owner was great on thursday night ,,no power,,he brought out candles in beer bottles and cheap drinks,,and made us the best salad and sandwiches on the lake

thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I Suggest: Nelsons Sand Bar
(previousley Offshores)
This spring they dredged (5 + feet deep)

NE corner of Anchor Bay. Not far out of the N Channel

Don't have the coordinates handy.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Also on the North Channel is Johnny Legas
Then there's Nelson's Sandbar......I don't think the TF is easy in & easy out on a Friday at a peak dinner/cocktail hour, but is always worth a drive-by and see

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
tin fish has pretty good chow, but i'm not too sure on the dockage exactly.

jack's SUCKS, they put dog in the food...JUST KIDDING!!! i personally love jack's food (since i eat it so much working for them) and i think their dockage is great (what with the harbor master and all). OH! and you can also order food to your boat, and they'll wait on you as if you were inside!
betcha didn't know that!

deckers is way casual, & i seem to remember some pretty good grub there.

or you can always take a cooking course and do it up right on your own boat, with candles, wine chilled, body paints....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTEor you can always take a cooking course and do it up right on your own boat, with candles, wine chilled, body paints....

Surfergirlck, that I can do -- usually Saturday night is something like rack o' lamb and a couple of bottles of shiraz at Metro - and I am getting pretty good with eggs Benedict on Sunday morning (BTW - who was Benedict? - another thread for Snowmaker's run up to 20k postings)

As far as body paints go, we just prefer to smear raspberry jam on each other, and go to town ...

Really - just getting tired of the easy supper on Friday and figured it might be fun to have someome cook for us for a change. Thanks peeps for the suggestions.

Scott.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Buoys will be Buoys @ Aug 18 2003, 09:28 PM)Hey y'all ...

I know that there are a couple of threads on this topic, but I gave up after scrolling back about 15 screens.
Use the search feature....(upper right hand corner)

Mini

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Aug 19 2003, 08:27 AM)or you can always take a cooking course and do it up right on your own boat, with candles, wine chilled, body paints....
Wow that sounds like fun!!!
That sounds like a great vacation activity!!!!

Not sure that it would solve the hunger issue though!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks CK --

Went to Jack's on Friday night -- asked for you, but no-one admitted knowing you!
Had about a 60 min wait in the Tiki bar which was fun, and then a great dinner! Certainly beats Lean Cuisine and the microwave for a Friday night on the boat.

Thanks for the tip ... can you send me somewhere cool this Friday?

Cheers,
Scott.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.