Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to do the safe thing.

Wrote a bunch of Digital pics to a cd a while back, did it today for a bunch more and they(the original ones from a while back) are now gone. It is a R disc not a RW...what give. Can I get my file back???? They should not have been over written.....

HELP!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Did you close the original session of pictures?

If you leave the disk open so that you can add more pictures later, you may not be able to access the original pictures until the disk is finalized.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you leave a session open, you can always access the old files. Leaving the session open gives you the option to add more files later.

There would be no benifit in not being able to access the old files until the session is closed. That just doesn't make sense, but see if you can finalize or close the disc anyway and maybe everything would appear? It's worth a try.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I seem to recall that EZ CD Creator Deluxe has a utility to unlock closed sessions...

I could be wrong because I don't use this program but I have it if you need it......

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(jgirard1 @ Jun 10 2004, 10:16 AM)When you leave a session open, you can always access the old files. Leaving the session open gives you the option to add more files later.

There would be no benifit in not being able to access the old files until the session is closed. That just doesn't make sense, but see if you can finalize or close the disc anyway and maybe everything would appear? It's worth a try.
Maybe I'm thinking of when you make a music CD then. You can't play it until its finalized.

·
Registered
154 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 10 2004, 11:42 AM)Maybe I'm thinking of when you make a music CD then. You can't play it until its finalized.
Yes, that is true for audio CDs. They must be closed before they will play.

With a data CD, you can add files and read files without closing the disc.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya did all that <_< Add on exsisting....that is. or so I thought.

That fact is that it is a writable not a RW....

The file HAVE to be still there....not coming up in a the windows explorer...

They could not have been over written.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Maybe it got CD rot.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jun 10 2004, 09:07 PM)Gary, when you pop in that CD and open your CD writing software, do you see the files on the CD?
no but the disc is full
<_<

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, they couldn't have gotten overwritten and I'm sure they are probably still there. What happened is the catalog probably got screwed up and now they are lost forever. The catalog holds information about the sessions and which file is in which sector, etc. If the catalog is jacked, then you're SOL. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just great...that is the second set of pics I have lost

Anyone else has a plan...let me know

<_<
<_<

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 11 2004, 11:35 PM)Just great...that is the second set of pics I have lost

Anyone else has a plan...let me know

I stash all mine on my external HD too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts