Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went there today with Fast Eddie on the Checkmate. Got in there NOOOOo problem. Great service and all kinds of dockage. Took advantage of there Sunday Bloody Mary Bar. Yum.

I think we will be partying a lot there this summer.

I think we should have our first LSCN skip day up in Anchor Bay and then......off to Nelson's.

I am really geeked about this summer folks. What a great day it was on the water today. Ran into a lot of peeps, JabberJaws, Mini, P-29 family, Pandora, SooSassy, and talked to Goose & Hammer on the radio. Awesome day.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
that's awesome bill! makes us all a little more excited for summer!

wahoooooooooooooooooooo!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
When is our first SKIP DAY?

Yeah, Nelson's is cool. We hung out there a lot two summers ago (before I REALLY started playin' with this crew.) It was always a good time....NOW IT'S GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER!!!

I can't wait for SUMMER, SUMMER, SUMMER!!!!!!

LOOK OUT FOR ME

·
12,052 Posts
It was chaos when that guy from PIB bay was there so can't say anything from then.

Pyrate Jim came up at Metro and introduced himself and pointed out shallow pockets. Didn't end up leaving Metro until 5pm. Great day.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ya Sunday afternoons are fun there. Did you catch my cousin's band, "The St. Clair River Band"?
We play there alot on Fri. & Sat. nights with a lot of Sunday afternoons thrown in.
In fact we ar there this this month on the 14, 15, 23, 28, 29, & 30th.
The place is always a riot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Spur @ May 10 2004, 07:07 AM)Ya Sunday afternoons are fun there. Did you catch my cousin's band, "The St. Clair River Band"?
We play there alot on Fri. & Sat. nights with a lot of Sunday afternoons thrown in.
In fact we ar there this this month on the 14, 15, 23, 28, 29, & 30th.
The place is always a riot

We were there from about noon to 1:30. No band was present. But, they sure know you!! What is that silly little grin they give when your name is mentioned?

I love all the hot boat pics on the walls. Eddie & I did notice Patriots boat on the wall (before he owned it). Way to go Patriot!!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
It's now called the Sand Bar Grill and Marina and it's a hidden little gem on the lake. Love that place.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ May 9 2004, 06:37 PM)Got in there NOOOOo problem.

I think we should have our first LSCN skip day up in Anchor Bay and then......off to Nelson's.
I'm up for a skip day for sure

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ May 10 2004, 09:48 AM)What is that silly little grin they give when your name is mentioned?

What.........
WHAT!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Hey Bill & Eddie!

Sorry for not returning your calls yesterday, but my phone went in the drink Saturday & I didn't have either of your #'s!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 10 2004, 09:56 AM)It's now called the Sand Bar Grill and Marina and it's a hidden little gem on the lake. Love that place.
well, this little gem is gonna big this year!!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I was there Saturday nite for a birthday party and it was packed!

The St. Clair River band always has a good crowd

(Spur's band too! )

I love going to bar's that are close to home!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The Sand Bar is a great little place. We spent a lot of evenings watching the sun go down while we ate last year. The outside deck is nice with it's picnic tables, but both seating and parking are limited, so there were a few times we just couldn't get in.

The water is shallow and sandy out front of the place if you want to anchor to the north of their channel and want up. Stay to the left (north) as you walk up and then walk along the seawall to avoid most weeds, although there's nothing nasty there. Do wear Jesus Cruisers or swim shoes, though. (Now that I said you can walk up, I hope the ladder is still attached to the seawall - it was new last year so I imagine it is.)

With all the mentions on this site, I'll probably never be able to get in there again! But the owners are nice people and they'll be glad for the business. Try the Sand Bar Salad - it's great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts