Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Stacey and I can't sleep a wink! She named him Mopar, and he's currently 7 weeks old. We're picking him up from around Jackson Sunday morning from Blue Sly kennels.

http://www.blueslygundogs.com/

We don't have personal pics of him yet, but this is the pic that sold both of us. Turns out the one we picked out was the only one he had left!

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Liver

So with that said, lemme hear your suggestions on puppy training. Any and everything ya'll!

Man we can't wait to bring our boy home!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Aww, look at that sweet face

Just remember your first kid is always the most fun and the hardest at the same time.
Be sure he knows the rules and who is boss, children like to please.
Give him lots of love and discipline at the same time, try not to spoil him too much, that's what his "auntie" is for.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Congratulations bro! Adorable

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Either stop by my place Jon, or wait till we hunt again, and you can borrow my book...Water Dog.

Congrats on the new companion. You know waht they say don't you? You get a dog to see if your ready for kids, then you have kids because how much harder can they be? Then you get another dog, when you realise the kids are much more difficult.

Enjoy. He brings back many memories of when we brought brought Grizz home.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 18 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Either stop by my place Jon, or wait till we hunt again, and you can borrow my book...Water Dog.

Congrats on the new companion. You know waht they say don't you? You get a dog to see if your ready for kids, then you have kids because how much harder can they be? Then you get another dog, when you realise the kids are much more difficult.

I don't want nothing your who knows where they've been hands have touched.

Nah just playing. I'll totally take you up on that offer.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Sep 18 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 18 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Either stop by my place Jon, or wait till we hunt again, and you can borrow my book...Water Dog.

I don't want nothing your who knows where they've been hands have touched.

Nah just playing. I'll totally take you up on that offer.

jon,
put down the drink and step away from the computer

I just checked with my neighbor and that kennel talked about is not available. but just let me know when you want to hook up and I'll get those fetching ducks to ya

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for asking anyway Al! I hope you got shitfaced last night brotha. I bet it was an awesome party. I'll get together with you soon for those fetching ducks. I'm sure we'll get a chance well before he's ready to use em.

As far as the kennel goes, I'm pretty confident i'm going to build him one out of cedar. Take off of what you told me about Tucker's use of his kennel, and make one for Mopar that'll last him a lifetime.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Sep 18 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And Stacey and I can't sleep a wink! She named him Mopar, and he's currently 7 weeks old. We're picking him up from around Jackson Sunday morning from Blue Sly kennels.

http://www.blueslygundogs.com/

We don't have personal pics of him yet, but this is the pic that sold both of us. Turns out the one we picked out was the only one he had left!

View attachment 66743

So with that said, lemme hear your suggestions on puppy training. Any and everything ya'll!

Man we can't wait to bring our boy home!!!!!
Look at that sweet face....I just want to snuggle up to him. He's a little chick magnet. Congrats on the new pup. and, love the name!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I made the mistake of sleeping with him in his kennel in our bedroom last night.
Tonight he's going downstairs and i'm setting the alarm.

Mopar is home and running the show. He stops people everywhere we go (well at bass pro last night anyway. Got him an awesome blaze orange collar) and is doing well after an entire day of bouncin around in the truck on Stacey's lap. He did really good too. He's been going when I take him outside and thus far one accident. Unless you count the "grabbing the table cover with a fresh can of pop on it that ended up spraying in every direction when it landed"" incident. Then there's a couple accidents.

But he's absolutely beautiful and a genuine lover. His parents stood to my freakin belly button. And were beautiful as well. His english pointers had bodies of champions. Gorgeous dogs. And the sire is an Elhew! Great pedigree of dogs that young man is raising. And just the kind of breeder you wanna get your pup from. Got his act together, incredible kennels built on 3 feet of pea gravel encapsulated by stacked railroad ties that hold individual dogs. U-shaped and damn clean too.

Unfortunately we didn't get any good pics yesterday, so more pics are to come.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Sep 21 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mopar is home and running the show.

There's a big surprise! Wait 'til he's 100 lbs. and watch him run the show! Congrats - he's a beauty and will certainly be a handful. Sounds like you guys will be spending a ton of time with him and to me that's the biggest training factor - like BD said they want to please so he just needs to figure out how - good luck, and keep the pics comin'!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts