Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read from www.h2onotes.com concerning the 2nd electric barrier that was to be put in place in Chicago to keep Asian Carp from the Great Lakes has been pulled. The Federal money has been taken away from this project. H2ONotes.com quotes the 3/4/04 Chicago Tribune for this info. This decision doesn't seem to make sense. I have to believe it would be more economical to solve the problem now rather than wait for the problem to make it to the Great Lakes. I guess its time to write our congressman.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Fordman, the money used to keep them carp out of our water is money used to pad political pockets. a politician mouth is just as nasty as asian carp's mouth (always sucking on the bottom) Sorry its just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Fordman, the money used to keep them carp out of our water is money used to pad political pockets. a politician mouth is just as nasty as asian carp's mouth (always sucking on the bottom) Sorry its just my 2 cents worth.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I didn't read the articles, but I assume the original electric barrier is still in place. Either way not good.

I guess I will by that full helmet (and flake jacket) this year

·
Registered
320 Posts
Alex,

Take it a step further. I think it's about time for enclosed cockpit bass boats like the hydroplanes have. Complete with full seat suspension and seat belts.

Just think, 65 MPH in the rain wouldn't be as uncomfortable ( or painful) anymore.

Dreaming...

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Not far off Dave.....been working on a design for a cat hull with dual f14 cockpits for our water for a while now. Hopefully......

It is an election year people. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Write your reps and congs...your mayor, your priest rabbi rev. It is time to "GET'ER DONE!"

They will listen for votes. As bad as that sounds.....it is true.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess writing letters to Congressmen works!

This is from today's www.h2onotes.com

U.S. finds funds for fence to stop carp
Under pressure from members of Congress, the Army Corps of Engineers has agreed to pay for a new electric fence to stop gluttonous Asian carp from swimming into Lake Michigan.

Corps officials in Chicago have nearly completed designing a more permanent barrier to replace electrical cables that were strung across the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal two years ago and are starting to wear out.

But officials in the corps' Washington headquarters decided last month to cut $4.4 million needed to complete the job, citing a need to pay for ongoing work in Iraq and Afghanistan.

After a flurry of meetings with and telephone calls and letters from angry Great Lakes lawmakers, the corps' top brass assured them Friday there will be enough money to build the fish fence this summer. more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts