Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Nice blinds!!
Wanna build some up on my property? LOL

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superman the plans are on paper but not that good we changed them while we were making them. we have plans on making 2 more next year and i will be doing those on CATIA V5 system and have to scale and the dim's great shape.

Jon i wish i had a cam on it i have seen a 6 point from the blind already and 5 doe's it's a good area by Brown City and a lot of other deer in the field by this area.

Kevin, you want to build some next year we have to go diving first just giving ya a hard time you need help i'm there

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nice blinds. Can't have anything like that on state land where I hunt. My uncle has some like that on his property up north, propane heaters, plexi windows, cushioned bench seats out of a truck from a junkyard, etc. Thats not hunting! Just kidding. I probably would have that if I could and still see/shoot deer.

I'll snap some pics of my treestand hides though. I have a huge 17ft double ladder stand and nice 20ft ladder stand where we hunt, plus a climber stand I use. I have learned that setting up in pine trees is the best choice. Pine masks smell and scent more than any other tree because they are active year round. Also, they provide the best cover. My double is not in a pine tree though because of its location has no pines available. I go 30ft up the tall pines with my climber though. They never see me.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nitro your right if you can get in to pine's that is the best but this is Miles mother's land so i'm thinking be i can do good there. your going to be high so i think you will be good. good luck man

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Sep 24 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>superman the plans are on paper but not that good we changed them while we were making them. we have plans on making 2 more next year and i will be doing those on CATIA V5 system and have to scale and the dim's great shape.

Jon i wish i had a cam on it i have seen a 6 point from the blind already and 5 doe's it's a good area by Brown City and a lot of other deer in the field by this area.

Hey man as long as you're seein em. The camera spoils people anyway. Good ol' scoutin is ALWAYS the best way to hunt. Otherwise you'd need a hundred cameras and that's just freakin ridiculous.

We should have a deer stand design contest. Honestly.

This would be my submission:

Plant Ecoregion Vehicle Window Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I've seen that mirror one before. that's the coolest! but I would worry about a dominant buck coming along and trying to fight himself thinking it's another buck. what a mess that would make! can you imagine; you walk out to your blind one morning and there, lying where you're blind used to be is a bunch a shattered glass and mirror and a giant buck with his throat cut

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Sep 25 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've seen that mirror one before. that's the coolest! but I would worry about a dominant buck coming along and trying to fight himself thinking it's another buck. what a mess that would make! can you imagine; you walk out to your blind one morning and there, lying where you're blind used to be is a bunch a shattered glass and mirror and a giant buck with his throat cut

Man you really are polish aren't ya? It's plexiglass bro! But it would be a funny a$$ sight to see.

I would definitely vote for the mirror blind as the coolest. i've never seen that before but it's brilliant. Not so sure about the jack in a box entry tho
I wonder how that thing would perform if elevated...

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Sep 25 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Top Gun @ Sep 25 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've seen that mirror one before. that's the coolest! but I would worry about a dominant buck coming along and trying to fight himself thinking it's another buck. what a mess that would make! can you imagine; you walk out to your blind one morning and there, lying where you're blind used to be is a bunch a shattered glass and mirror and a giant buck with his throat cut

Man you really are polish aren't ya? It's plexiglass bro! But it would be a funny a$$ sight to see.

I would definitely vote for the mirror blind as the coolest. i've never seen that before but it's brilliant. Not so sure about the jack in a box entry tho
I wonder how that thing would perform if elevated...

so I'm sitting in my new mirror blind looking down a trail and all of a sudden, boom! my blind is just rocked and almost tipped over with me in it! before I can figure out what happened, boom! I'm rocked again. when I get my senses together, I look out the window only to see this huge buck in a full charge and only a couple feet away. Boom! rocked again! So I grab my rifle, look out the window and he's gone
WTF just happened?! I guess he was trying to bully off any of the competition and maybe he realized he is not the dominant buck around here any more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts