Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after being boatless for the first time since 89, we're back in business. The culprit - a 1995 Formula 336. We bought it in Oshkosh over the weekend and pulled it home yesterday, getting back around midnight. That made it fun trying to figure out what to do with it then. I was always just barely able to back our previous boat into the driveway, with the mailbox on one side and a tree on the other and this one is a bit bigger. The mailbox was easier to pull up than the tree, so out it came. We spent today cleaning. And it took most of the day and I didn't even get to the outside. The guy who sold it apparently never read the porta potty instructions that said "Never put holding tank chemicals in the freshwater tank" The top tank for fresh water is vented so there was the blue stuff that had leaked all over the head compartment. Oh yeah, it wasn't pumped out either. Grrrrrrrrr. We had a couple of issues, but no deal breakers. The seller told me the cover was a "9 out of 10." That leads me to wonder if it's the torn seams, the couple of holes, or the duct tape that kept it from being a "10". Anyways, it was a beautiful weekend out there, low 70's and sunny, and we're just happy to be boaters again.

One other thing - This deal would not have gone through if it wasn't for Sue at Emerald City Harbor. If we didn't go out fully prepared to close the sale, the seller would have backed out. Thank you so much for your help on this Sue.

Hope to see everyone out next weekend!!!

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, we're itchin' bad. Unless it snows or we have tornados and earthquakes, we'll be out next weekend.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Congratulations Bill and Christine!! Nice boat!

We'll be looking for you guys out on the lake!

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Congrats you guys!!!
Looks very cool!!! Glad everything went well. Hopefully
she pulled ok Bill??? You have quite a bit more weight now!! Look forward to seeing it this next weekend!!
Hey Scheuer10.....looks like Formula scores another one!!
You PQ boys better get out of the Way!! Ha Ha

XO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sue from Emerald City is the best. Worked with her on many occasions from finding us a better slip to refinancing a year old boat. People complain about the facilities there, but the staff is first rate

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Bill and Christine, nice looking ride! Now spill - how/where did you find it? What power? Can you reach the water pumps?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bill and Christine, congrats. It's beautiful. I think I'm finally going to splash this weekend too. Maybe I'll head over States side and we can hook up.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Thanks, we're geeked.

Scotty, the Avalanche pulled it ok. The trailer has different brakes than we're used to, so we made sure there were no sudden stops.

The boat has HP500s (carbed). One's new, the other is ok. The drives have been redone. The boat was at Performance Marine in Oshkosh and kept in a marina about a 1/2 mile away on Lake Winnebago. The marina had a hotel/resort which helped me keep the kids entertained while Bill cemented the deal. Bill sea-trialed it on Lake Winnebago and came back with a perma grin.

Rod, the owner of Performance Marine was awesome. He answered all our questions, took Bill on a tour and did a compression check of one engine at late notice on a Sunday of the holiday weekend.

We can't wait to get it wet and run it around the lake!

~Christine

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
HP500s!! Nice!! I'm guessing you'll see mid-70's with that power in that hull - not too shabby...

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Great! Nice Looking boat!

·
12,052 Posts
Oshkosh? did you get overall's with it?
j/k Congrats you two. Should see you this weedend on the water. Looks like another weekend hanging out at metro in between boat club outings. Hope to see you there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts