Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a good deep-v walleye boat.I will use it on clair and run to the detroit river.I had a 16' but I need at least a 18-19' . Can you guys give me a good idea what to and what not to look for.Engine size,kicker motor,trolling motor.I know how bad it can kick up out there so I need a good quality boat,that I can feel safe in.

Thank you so much for any advice.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Like you said it can kick up pretty good. My only real piece of advice (not a deep-v boat owner) is to get as big of a boat and motor as you can afford. More HP helps is rough water as well. When it comes to buying a boat for out here, you definetely can't skimp. Same goes for add-on electronics, trolling motor, etc. Get the best you can afford.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You may also want to check out Triton Boats, D & R Sports in Kalamazoo. Triton offers an aluminum boat line.
Check'm out.

Tell'um Joe D sent ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I own a 16ft pro v Tracker {deep v} with a 60merc 4st. I have been very impressed with how it handles LSC. Check them out at Bass Pro. They come equipt pretty well. Dont be content with the 40 that they want to sell you with this boat it wont be enough power. I fish with a friend who has a 23ft boat and he says how impressed he is with how mine handles the lake. Look into a wider beam to give you more stability in the waves. Hope this helps. I have a trolling motor and a 5hp kicker, this size boat makes it easy to do any kind of fishing, Lake/River

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Check out the Starcraft Futura. Sweet ride in a 18 footer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts