Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came back from Cedar Point today and pulled the boat out of the Clinton River launch. Christine looks back at me and says "Hey you need to reconnect the lights" to which I think "Why would I need to do that, I never disconnect them?" Well some d!*#wad stole the 8-way round to 4-way flat adapter from between my truck plug and trailer wiring. What the hell? I know boating is expensive, but christ, can't people buy a cheap little item like that? I only had to trailer it a few miles, but still got honked at for not having lights. I had another at the house, so maybe I'll stick an exacto blade to the underside of it before I put it on, that way there will be a trail...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I ALWAYS worry about my connector and hitch and all that stuff. Brother, in this day and age, if it ain't bolted down (and sometimes even if it is) then fuggetaboutit! Grown men (or women, who knows) acting like children. Grabbing whatever the hell they want from other people's things??? Some people just need an a$$ whoopin! Amazingly, though no one ever catches these idiots in the act; you never hear about that!

Sorry to hear about that. And like you said, it's not a money thing, it's just the frustration of someone that assinine doing that for a cheap plug.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Thats why I always keep a lock on my trailer and when I needed that some adapter that you had, when parked, I would lock that in the truck too. That is just too sad Bill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
must of been a NON BOATER who did it. PUNKS out there, please don't even "do it".

you SUCk, who ever did it!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
It kinda amazes what people these days will do or take.
The guy that installed my carpet in my house took the returnables I had in my garage the other day. He didn't say a word or anything. I'm assuming it was him because he was the only one there and the cans were there prior. I was going to mention something to him. I'll just deduct it off of what I owe him for the installation and see what he says.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sounds like a big @$$-hole to me, Bill!
WTF is wrong with people? If they see it in your vehicle they'll probably bust out the window to get it...Keep stuff out of site to not tempt the guilty I guess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, now it's just another thing to lock up before I leave the truck. I'm glad I had a hitch lock on or who knows what I might have been missing...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i had someone take my reciver ball right off the truck while i was parked at marina. guess they need it more than i did or thats what they thought anyways.
couple guys at marina were going to get in to it sat night. owner came back to his boat to find another guy walking on it . he kept asking him waht the h**l are you doing on my boat . guy said he was just looking at it . (all heck was breaking loose , lots of yelling .

·
Registered
991 Posts
I never gave thought to someone stealing my harness adapter. Guess that is more more thing to lock up.

Question, if I am told to go first and pull in ramp 9, then should the person after me told to take ramp pass me and pull across lanes 10-11 and partly across lane 9 with his 19 footer? Then impatiently keep backing up while I try to get my 32 footer backed in while he blocks part of my lane???? I don't even know what to say to people like this any more.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
INSTRUCT THEM ON THE PROPER WAY ,
first boat i had 7 years back i was going in to a marina narrow canal middle channel marina one at end., a larger boat was comming out .at same time .guy just said over his p.a out going boat has the right of way. i was like opps sorry didnt know thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sounds like they need someone to police the ramp
That is one thing I don't miss...the @$$es at the ramp...I plan on buying a jetboat one day and will be there <_<

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Those J***A$$es are the reason why I went to rack storage. When I decide to trailer my boat and bring it back, I have the Marina's launch that is 10 times better and is almost never being used.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Bill! No Way !
You know it was a punk who did it.........
had to be, no respectable human would steal, especially items that could cause unsafe operation (NO LIGHTS AT NIGHT!) man, that stinks, kinda makes you wish they had camera surveilence there doesn't it.
so you could review the tapes. Find the jackass, confront him, embarass him in front of his woman, friends, family.....

Sorry dude ! what a way to make a great weekend a little sour at the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts