Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello OSW! I’m new here too. I used to ”lurk” here quite a bit until things died off so I just recently joined in hopes of being able to liven things up with some good fishing reports!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone! Although I'm new here Im not completely new. Ive been with michigan sportsman since 2019. Have a nice day and please don't violate the rules.
Hey OSH - I am on Michigan Sportsman too. I believe you stated there that you live in Decatur, MI. That’s a bit of a hike to Lake St. Clair. Being that far away I am curious how often do you make it out on Lake St. Clair?

Ecoregion Map World Rectangle Slope

·
Super Moderator
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not very often. definitely not enough. I try to make it out as much as every other week. Ill be there next week hopefully then it will slow down since gas is over $4 per gallon

·
Registered
15 Posts
not very often. definitely not enough. I try to make it out as much as every other week. Ill be there next week hopefully then it will slow down since gas is over $4 per gallon
I hear you! That was why I was wondering. It has to cost a small fortune to haul a boat back and forth that distance. At $4.50/gallon and even using a generous 18 miles per gallon while towing it would cost $90!! 🤑🤑🤑

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I only get 5mpg when towing. it is expensive
Wow at $4.50 per gallon that would cost over $160 round trip just for tow vehicle gas. I would not be able to make many trips at that cost. I get about 12 MPG towing but I live just a few miles from the lake and have an aluminum boat. Thankfully my 150 Merc is pretty stingy on gas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Michigan athletes, I'm Amanda!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts