Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I live in the shores and fish every afternoon in my champion bass boat.

I'm a crappie and smallmouth die-hard, so fishing St Clair is my passion.

I moved from Southern Ohio about 3 yrs ago.

I'm 27 yrs old. I chose the handle "little guy" because I'm about 5'4" and weigh 125 lbs.

Say hi if you see me on the water.

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Kurt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome aboard! Finally someone shorter than me on the lake (towering at 5'6") even my 13 year old son is 3 inches taller now than me. It's alright being shorter because it just makes the fish look that much bigger in our hands for the photos. Let us know how you do out there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had an Uncle who was short. If you met him and said:

"Hey Uncle Leonard, how you doing?"

He'd answer back:
"I'm 5"3, 120 lbs, with a 9" fuse."

Uncle Leonard's gone now.. but he'll never be forgotten. Very big man for a short guy.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
How do you keep from blowing out of the boat?
Welcome.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Oops, sorry. I forgot we are not allowed to make jokes around here.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
little guy: Welcome to this educational and fun forum with fisherman that really care and try and help all they can. As much as you get out your perfect to post here and please do. I'm sure we would all look forward to it. I wish you all the luck in your fishing endevors, and save some for me. lol

h2o<--says Alex can I go lol? LOL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome, you've come to right place ... for fun, tips, goofin', info, more goofin', an occasional grumpy post, and more years of LSC experience than anywhere I know. Glad to have you aboard!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the site Little Guy !. Where do you catch crappies on the lake ?, I have only caught them at springtime in the canals but never out on the lake. Being short isn't so bad....think about it, you are one of the last people to get wet when it rains lol
Good luck hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Mike Tuomey @ Jun 23 2004, 08:53 PM)Welcome, you've come to right place ... for fun, tips, goofin', info, more goofin', an occasional grumpy post, and more years of LSC experience than anywhere I know. Glad to have you aboard!!

couldn't have said it better!
and very much 'welcome aboard!' (if this was halloween time, i would say 'velcome aboard!' in my best bella legosi voice, which, by no coincidence, sucks.

hope you catch a big one!! fish that is!

waldo... your uncle? too funny!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the "hellos".

Being short isn't so bad. When I was a co-angler in the BFLs, I did have a hard time keeping my rear in the seat, but I get to eat what I want when I want, the fish do tend to look bigger in my hands, and I sure look tough climbing into the boat with that big ol 225 strapped to the back!

I get the crappies in canals - probably some of the same ones Mini gets his in. This year was good - caught over 300. I release 90% of them, keeping only enough for a few meals for me and the fiance. Most think I'm crazy for turning loose those 12" tasty treats, but I just like seeing the bobber disappear. (They are my no. 1 choice food fish).

Anyway,

If the rain stops, I'll give some reports.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys definately know how to smile around here!

Mini,

We'll get together next spring, in the meantime, if you want to ride in the Champion one day, or need a partner in your boat...

Later

·
Registered
533 Posts
Amen, Gitzit - I couldn't "guess timate" how much help I've received on this forum in terms of fishing methods,baits, and even phone numbers. BTW, muskie bob, thanks for referring Jack Bachman as a marine mechanic; he got me back on the water in just a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 25 2004, 08:30 AM)You guys definately know how to smile around here!

Mini,

We'll get together next spring, in the meantime, if you want to ride in the Champion one day, or need a partner in your boat...

Later
Have you ever fished for them in the fall? I dont know if I will be around, but I also like to get out there when the rifle hunters are in the woods....

Mini

1 - 17 of 17 Posts