Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
ok, i will do rerun's job here, since he is not here to do it himself.

girl or guy
single or married or attached
pics a bonus for rerun.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Greetings, Distant Horizon!!! Do you have any relatives that go by Far or Event Horizon??!!

Seriously, welcome aboard enjoy the people on this board!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks to all who offered a welcome!

You guys are fast, beat me to my own reply...

I turned 50 this April, but happily look a lot younger. I moved down this way about two years ago, married my dream girl, and ply my profession as a radio communications field engineer. I work mostly on the big Motorola public safety radio systems, microwave backbones, computer hardware and software, networking, and the various devices and systems that make it all tick, but I also work on the occasional marine radio gear and antennas and am Federally licensed to do so.

Advice is always free to my friends.

I am boatless at the moment, but hope to rectify that this year or early next. Most of my boating experience was back in the 80's out on Lake Michigan off of Milwaukee, and later occasionally crewing on Lake Superior out of Marquette in the 90's. My wife ran a 30 foot SeaRay Weekender out on Lake Saint Clair in the 80's. And needless to say, we are both anxious to get on the water again.

From what I can see so far, I have a lot to learn about the waters of Lake Saint Clair, and am afraid I could use a bit of mentoring on the local conditions. I never had to worry much about draft on the bigger lakes, and am going to carefully think out balancing enough boat to enjoy weekending, with my needs to get where I want to go on the lake. Hopefully with the hull and drives intact.

That's it for now, and thanks for the welcone.
Rick

·
Registered
530 Posts
welcome hopefully see you in the bay soon

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
welcome hope to see you on lake .

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
You're in the right company, Rick. This board has helped me get acustomed to the area on and off the water in more ways than I can write here. Any question you have, post it and someone give you the answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts