Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well I finally decided I wanted a new muskie reel my Abu Garcia Record 60 has been my work horse for several years now and I decided I wanted to see about getting a low profile muskie reel. I basically had it down to 2 choices the Shimano Curado 300E http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/gl...g/Curado_E.html or the Abu Garcia Revo Toro http://www.abugarcia.com/prod.php?k=132609...p;u=REVO%20TORO

I liked both reels and from what I could find out about them everyone like both of them. I finally decided on the Revo Toro because it was offering some features the curado was lacking. I liked the beefier drag the option of a low gear ratio and synchronized level wind. I got the Toro 50 5.4:1 gear ratio. I would have liked to have actually get a physical look at one of these reels before I purchased it but it is not stocked at Gander Mountain, Cabelas, or Bass Pro Shops. So far my first impression is WOW. I can palm the reel much better than my Record 60. I will be camping at Lake Hudson this weekend so this reel will get a muskie casting work out. I will write a review once I get back. Here are some pics.

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Gas
Automotive tire Bicycle part Wood Tire Rim
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Camera accessory Machine
Machine Auto part Fashion accessory Metal Composite material

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm really interested in your impressions of the reel. Let us know what you used with it, how it handled, etc. I need a new jerkbait reel, and this one is interesting.

Eric

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(stick em @ Jun 24 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>report?

Alex will report after he get's back from Hudson is what I got. He was just setting up his fishing report with a nice report and tip on his new real and the features he likes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
THATS A GREAT REEL MAN, YOU SHOULD BE PLEASED WITH IT. YOU HAD IT DOWN TO TWO GREAT CHOICES. THE CURADO IS VERY GOOD ALSO...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the reel rigged up with some 50lb power pro. Its ready to go. Looks like tomorrow will be a good day on Hudson with with stormy weather. As long as it comes after I have the camp site setup.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow i really like that reel!! How much did that baby cost??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gotta love those Abu Garcia reels. I'm using the Morrum M5600C right now but would be very interested in what you think of the new Revo. Don't forget to keep us posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts