Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived Friday, Big Boy flashabou transformers and Esox's New Crazy Moon bucktails. Both these are hand-tied and can be ordered in any color combination's.
Stop by and chat..............Jerry
Textile Fur clothing Natural material Event Fashion accessory
Glass bottle Glass Urban area Art Event
Metal Fashion accessory Event Plastic wrap Transparency

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
This is my first order (hopefully of many) into Angler's Point, so I've just got the basic colors in there right now. Give me a shout if there's any colors you'd like to see or think I should stock.

I like to think of my bucktails as "bombproof" and a hardcore muskie bait; not what you'd find on Ebay made in China or even down at Gander Mtn. I tie on a coil and then seal the wraps with silicone, attach all hooks with heavy duty spilt rings and all of my components (except for hooks-Mustad, made in Norway) are made in USA (Minnesota to be exact). I set out to build the strongest, beefiest, most tooth-proof bucktail I can. I'm not here to make a cheap bait for the masses. I'm here to make a top notch bait for the guys that know what a top notch bait should be.

I tie each of my baits as if I'm using them myself. If you have a problem with a Crazy Moon bucktail or fly, you come straight to me and I'll make it right.

Amber Textile Orange Plant Material property

Amber Creative arts Christmas ornament Art Fashion design

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I don't have any myself. That would for sure be a custom order, as 1) I don't see them listed normally at my suppliers, and 2) the extra expense wouldn't always be worth it to most customers and it'd push my normal price higher than I'd like it. But if it's something you'd be interested in, let me know and I'd be happy to look into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Esox, these flashabou bucktails look great. Looks just like the cowgirls only better price and made close to home! Might have to put a couple of these in the box for this spring/summer. What size blades do you put on these?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 8 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow, they got like a whole side of their store dedicated to buck tails. Can's believe there are so many different styles and variations on them things.

That's the best part! And that's where I do most of my work; is the "CUSTOM" part of Crazy Moon Custom Fly and Bucktail.... If you can dream it, or if you want it, I can tie it. I had a customer last year want a blue/white/silver body with one chartruese and one smoke blade. I guarantee you can't find that color combo at Cabelas!

I stock pretty standard colors of blades, but there's countless blade patterns out there, and I'm happy to build them for you. And I don't just do Flashabou. If you want Icelandic sheep, yak or just good ol fashioned bucktail, I do that too. I tried marabou last season as a standard offering, but I think this year marabou will all be custom orders. Marabou is just a pain to work with, and make them look "right" so to keep the shelves stocked with marabou in volume just takes too much time. But for custom orders, I'm happy to do it up!

You can order through me or stop in and see the good folks at Angler's Point and place your order with them.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Nah, it's just like making a fly rod, or painting duck decoys. It's just attention to detail. They're not overly complicated, but if you don't take your time, and cut corners in materials (thinner Flashabou vs thicker Flashabou, hooks attached with clevises vs split rings, etc) and techniques (sealing the wraps, heat shink on the aft hook, etc) you'll come out with a crappy bucktail or fly that falls apart, doesn't breathe right or the blades don't spin.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I've got a wire former that I make my loops with.

And yeah, I've made them all sizes. Had a guy last year order up one with blades he'd made himself. Dang things must have been size 16's!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts