Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A third option has come about. Looking at an Ontario-based bass forum, there was mention of SM on the bite on the south shore.
If anyone can direct me, should I be fishing Det river to Pike Creek OR towards Belle river/Stoney point area? Also , what depth? I think that I could figure out the rest from there.
Thanks Tim J.

Just wanna go fishin'.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
From the river east. I have caught them as far east as the Thames in the fall. Shallow 3-4 ft. depending on water temp. If you dont get bit, move deeper until you find them.

Mini

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mini and Bob: thanks for your responses.
The water was getting dirtier by the minute along the south shore today. Damn NW wind! On my way in, I could see cleaner water along the west shore, north of the det. river, but decided to continue in.
No bites. No nothin'. Fished for bass but not musky today. Could not see any of what I usually fish visually.
Putting my barge on blocks tomorrow. Winterizing the motor (bringing it into the basement).
Thanks again. Tim J.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Thanx for the report, I wont head there tomorrow...lol

Actually launching out of Selfridge and probably staying in Anchor Bay (in canals) due to the east winds that are forecasted.

Mini

1 - 4 of 4 Posts