Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on Channel 2 News that our Governor is proposing a "sin tax." In addition to taxing cigarettes, $.75/pack, she wants to add a tax to beer, wine, and alcohol to help balance the budget!!
This is total horse $--t!! I'll have to get another job just to pay the taxes on all my bad habits! <_<

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
damm if this keeps up people will go back to making there own and rolling there own.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Don't we get to vote on it?

Better stock up now. <_<

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Feb 12 2004, 08:41 AM)Don't we get to vote on it?

Better stock up now.

I would imagine so, but they didn't go into that much detail.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Feb 12 2004, 08:39 AM)damm if this keeps up people will go back to making there own and rolling there own.
We were doing that last summer. Comes out to about $10.00 a carton. Bonus is no chemical additives. Pure tobacco. Down side. Pain in the butt. Then again, we smoked less. If you have to get up, cross the room, then roll....sometimes its just not worth it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEMrsSunbum Posted on Feb 12 2004, 08:49 AM
QUOTE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------(bobrob20 @ Feb 12 2004, 08:39 AM)
damm if this keeps up people will go back to making there own and rolling there own.

We were doing that last summer. Comes out to about $10.00 a carton. Bonus is no chemical additives. Pure tobacco. Down side. Pain in the butt. Then again, we smoked less. If you have to get up, cross the room, then roll....sometimes its just not worth it.

I used to roll (stuff) my own smokes too..........definitely a pain in the rear but does come out to about a dollar a pack.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Shes a democrat, did anyone except anything less from her? I didn't thats for sure!
Don't smoke and I buy most of our beer / liquor at the duty free store in Canada, or catch C~girl when she is over there and give her my list.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Intimidator @ Feb 11 2004, 10:26 PM)Just heard on Channel 2 News that our Governor is proposing a "sin tax." In addition to taxing cigarettes, $.75/pack, she wants to add a tax to beer, wine, and alcohol to help balance the budget!!
This is total horse $--t!! I'll have to get another job just to pay the taxes on all my bad habits!

does that include condoms too?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
absolute total horsesh*t! it's like they want us to not afford to have a good time. geesch!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I think smoking sucks so that doesn't bother me a bit. They are around $8.00 a pack here I think. I don't like beer going up though, I enjoy getting some cheaper beer and not paying $35 a case like over here.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I know I might get flamed here but if taxes are going to be raised I would rather it bee on smokes and alcolhol. These are things you do not need imagin if they put a .75c increase on the fuel tax or raised property taxes 3 or 4 grand. At least with this you have a choice. Do what I do quit smpking and brew your own beer (no tax)

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
good point, fatcat! i guess i'd rather see it there, too.
already taxes are pretty high on other stuff AND the rates of many utilities and such are going up! god! this is nuts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts