Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to everyone that is unaware of the new walleye regulation on Lake St. Clair & the St. Clair River. The minimum size for walleyes will change on Lake St. Clair & the River on April 1st, 2022 from a 13" minimum to a 15" minimum to be legal to keep. This is in line with the rest of the state of Michigan minimum size regulation.

In my opinion, this is a good move for the walleye population and the size of our walleyes should be a bigger average size within the next few years. I don't feel the new regulation will bother too many anglers out there, as a bigger average size & more eyes is a benefit to all of us. What are your thoughts on this??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a quick note to everyone that is unaware of the new walleye regulation on Lake St. Clair & the St. Clair River. The minimum size for walleyes will change on Lake St. Clair & the River on April 1st, 2022 from a 13" minimum to a 15" minimum to be legal to keep. This is in line with the rest of the state of Michigan minimum size regulation.

In my opinion, this is a good move for the walleye population and the size of our walleyes should be a bigger average size within the next few years. I don't feel the new regulation will bother too many anglers out there, as a bigger average size & more eyes is a benefit to all of us. What are your thoughts on this??

·
Registered
5,123 Posts

Thanks for the helpful info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts