Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, JUST GOT A SHIPMENT OF CRUNCHERS BAITS IN. ALSO, XCALIBUR 50'S AND HOT N TOT CRAWFISH WILL BE IN ON THE 22 OR 23 OF THIS MONTH! I KNOW SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING. THANK YOU & HAVE A NICE DAY!

ps...for those of you that have been to my store, if there is something you would like me to stock, something you can't find, or have any other requests or suggestions just let me know.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Jun 16 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>FYI, JUST GOT A SHIPMENT OF CRUNCHERS BAITS IN. ALSO, XCALIBUR 50'S AND HOT N TOT CRAWFISH WILL BE IN ON THE 22 OR 23 OF THIS MONTH! I KNOW SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING. THANK YOU & HAVE A NICE DAY!

ps...for those of you that have been to my store, if there is something you would like me to stock, something you can't find, or have any other requests or suggestions just let me know.

suggestion Mepps spinflex
BB

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
QUOTE(RJT @ Jun 17 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bill, I've seen you mention the spin flex a few times. What is your preferred method of fishing the spin flex? Do you think a quick change clevis would improve the current design?

I have had great successes jigging and casting; honestly I have caught tons of fish with this lure.
The cool thing is you can jig, troll and cast with it I cast and jig it when it first hits the bottom then ill just start to reel it in fast or slow what ever the fish like then start jigging it stop and give it about 7sec. and repeat.
Bait is a rubber grub or a live worm/minnow. Depends on what I am doing.
It's a Mepps spinner and a jig combined and is versatile as hell. They come from 1/8th to 5/8th oz. with a blade size from 0 to 2
A quick change clevis would be cool for sure and a way to switch out the hooks
The hooks on the spinflex are connected to the wire and can not be replaced but this is the only draw back I see.
Well the other issue with the lure is on occasion the hook will come around and catch my swivel.
I also have never lost one to a snag I think it's the was the hook pivots up and down that helps with that.
Every person I have fished with this lure has added them to his box, currently I have only found them on the Mepps website.
Hope this Helps
BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts