Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall..im new to the site so justed wanted to ask a question or two.....first off i have no experience fishing LSC prior to this year. I usually fish the the inland lakes and would like to think of myself as a decent LMB fishermen....I do not own a boat, but i do have one that i am able to use. My mother-in-law just moved on LSC earlier this year up in the anchor Bay area and i been out on her pontoon boat a few times trying to find these legendary smallies i read and hear about...with absolutly no luck...if anyone has any tips on how to find these..please help..i mostly fish with artificals, have not tried the drop shot yet...mostly texas rig..i dont have a good fishfinder, its better as a depthfinder...so wat depths should i be fishing? flats? drop offs? weeds? shallows? like i said, i am not experienced with fishing such a huge lake....i was out this past sunday and was completely lost in terms of trying to locate fish.....any help would be awesome...

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Welcome dude!
This time of year is the beginning of transition time for the smallies. For the most part the spawn is over and the females are starting to move into deeper cooler water. The males will follow in a week or two.
I'd start looking along a drop off or the edge of a weed bed, say 10FOW or a little more.
A crankbait run along the edge of the weeds should work pretty good or a spinner buzzed over the top of the weeds. Topwater baits can be pretty effective this time of year as well.
Structure like boulders is always good on LSC, something they can shelter near is always a plus.
Start with this map:
http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html
You can zoom in and pan around areas, depths and bottom composition are listed as well, and you can always find a likely spot to try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts