Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ya got me to! It's good to be on board. seems like theres a lot of knowledge out there. maybe some of you could help me out a bit. I' ve never had the pleasure of trolling for muskie on st claire. what would be the # 1 lure (color, size) you would use ?( i know a lot of you are brand loyel)l ol. what are some of the best places to hunt for these big devils. I just purchased a 18 ft starcraft center console and I'm spending the whole winter gearing it up for this upcomming summer and if anybody has any input I'll be glad to listen. Thanks a ton and I hope to here from ya soon! P.S. santa all i want for chrismas is a couple dozen good muskie lures a new g.p.s. 4 nice rods 2 new reels, one bigass net and a muskie in a pear tree.(whoops got carried away there for a second)

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Welcome!

Those things are all over the lake....most people troll for them, some cast. I think you will see that the Legend Himslef, Bob Brunner will chime in here soon. He has been fishing for Muskies since the 30's on Clair....(even the late 20's). Been a guide forever, he is a member here (muskiebobsr).

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
O.K. John. You know me so well. Jusy take any Muskie lure stick it out behind your boat and do 4 to 6 MPH an you will catch a Muskie. Go to Canada for best results. LOL Happy New Year John and All. Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wiley's and Believers are some of the more popular baits. Lakeside Fishing and Professional fishing stock them. There are a number of other locally made baits too - Gotcha's, Loke's, etc... Perch colors in white & yellow belly would be a good place to start but darker colors like frog, carp, have their day as well. Like Bob said, Canada is generally the place to be but Anchor Bay is good early in the season and actually holds fish all year but is tougher to fish (troll) as the season goes on due to weed growth. WARNING - MUSKIE FISHING IS ADDICTIVE AND CAN BE EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO TROLL.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Another Bait that really works are Buck Tails. Lakeside just received a small shipment of some hand made Buck Tails. Bob LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
I catch many musky while throwing spinners baits for smallies in achor bay. Last year was the first year I fished on st. clair and I caught 24 musky while bass fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts