Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any tips on smallies and perch would be a big help we just fish for fun and excitment looking forward to catching some lsc smallmouth. thanks for any help you can give what a cool site for fishing tips.

·
Registered
958 Posts
For smallies I use a rattlin rap around the salt river area for smallies and largemouths. Look for isolated weeds not the big beds. Try over in front of Mc&rays marina too. go out about 1/4 - 1/2 mile and do the same.

Perch I haven't nailed down yet but I here the saint clair light is good for them.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
For anyone new to LSC, this is a great place to begin:
http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html
You can click to zoom in and pan all over the map and see depths, contours, bottom composition, points, all the things you normally would look for when picking a spot.
For bass the Mile Roads area is still producing some good fish, work the area anywhere from 9 Mile, north to the 400 Club(roughly 14 Mile) from 9 FOW and up. The areas where the map shows boulders are always pretty good.
Once out on the water look for cover like rocks and the edges of a weed bed or weed lines.
Mepps spinners, rattling crankbaits and of course tubes have been working well for me.
The Anchor Bay area is pretty good as well like Heimskr mentioned.
The small bay between Metro and the Clinton River is also usually pretty good this time of year, work the edges of the weeds there with crankbaits or spinnerbaits.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Welcome to the site and I'd say to do the same as big dog stated looks for rocks and weed cover. Have fun out on st. clair and be safe. And this is a great site for tips and there are good people on here to help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts