Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Gary,

Just curious how the law enforcement community feels about these new permanent license tags on trailers? Do they feel tag theft will increase? Will more trailers be looked at more closely as they roll down the road? Those are all thoughts and questions that went thru my mind when I heard about it. I have a small trailer for my 12 aluminum boat and it isn't used very much. I don't mind paying the fee for the tag, but its sure going ot pi$$ me off if its stolen.

Randy

·
12,052 Posts
I just did my seadoo trailer by mail and they mailed me a whole new plate. Embossed across the bottom it says 'Permanant Plate' .

Nice $75. by the way.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Spider @ Apr 27 2004, 02:35 PM)Howdy Gary,

Just curious how the law enforcement community feels about these new permanent license tags on trailers? Do they feel tag theft will increase? Will more trailers be looked at more closely as they roll down the road? Those are all thoughts and questions that went thru my mind when I heard about it. I have a small trailer for my 12 aluminum boat and it isn't used very much. I don't mind paying the fee for the tag, but its sure going ot pi$$ me off if its stolen.

Randy
yeah thats crap. I haven't even bought a boat yet and its already costing me more.

I say just weld an aluminum frame around the new plate right to the trailer.

hmm or after you screw it on grind the screw heads smooth or fill 'em with J-B weld (epoxy), someone might still try to snag it but it won't be as easy, mabye they'll think twice.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
I think this is a quick fix to a deficiet problem for our esteme govenor jenny granholm.
well lest see, do some math....
$75 for a trailer that may be 25 a year for ever, or increase slightly....
welll that equals 3 yrs of trailer plates old cost...
now 4 yrs later, this cost will never re occur....
thus losing great amount of funds, but heck electron year is now over, and now there is no income from the old trailers.. as used to be in a normal year..
so taxes will raise elsewhere..
we needed this revenue to be consistabt, not as a quick fix, to help re election down the road...
granholm bl*ws literally.....

·
12,052 Posts
If electron year is over, is it proton or nuetron year now?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Apr 30 2004, 10:53 PM)but heck electron year is now over, and now there is no income from the old trailers.. .....
I caught that too, Hammer!!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay Gary,

Where the heck are you? I saw in another thread you were out of town, but you were still able to post... How about any of the other Law enforcement folks on here? No comment?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts