Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

new update on my boat...she has a name and new paint....Updated 6-16&#

6K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  Dirty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
introducing the "Dirty Dame" (my vote) or "Backyard Betty" (the ol ladys vote) we worked on her non stop today. got the rest of the cabin gutted and cleaned out with bleach and vacumed. i even tore the counter area out to make it easier to fix the floor. and fixed the drain that was pulled out and caused the floor to go bad in the first place.

Yesterday i we got the lower stripes off redid one of the bow cushions in this sweet fabric we found 50% off. And during the game the ol lady sanded and stained some more wood trim.

Today we finished taking off the rest of the stripe and cleaned all the glue off. than i powerwashed the sides again, scuffed and cleaned with wax and greese remover. than it was on to paint. we were going to spray it but since i didnt think my neighbor would like a red tinted fence and i liek my house the color it is we oped to just do a quick roll on job. it needs one more coat if the rain stays away tomorrow.

i dont have new pics of what the cleaned and gutted cabin looks like but its much better than it was. now i dont need to suit up in a hasmat suit to go below.

if it rains tomorow im going to work on the trim in the garage and finish reupholstering the cushions and the dash parts. so any rate here are a few before and after pics...

Watercraft Boat Naval architecture Sky Blue

Watercraft Plant community Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 10 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good work and fast, she's looking good already

Thanks, it helps being able to make this my full time job. we want to have it in the water my next weekend. i have my buddy bringing me all my engine parts friday so ill have the motor all done this weekend and start wiring and things early next week. We went and got a slip the other day at hideaway harbor so once she is ready its game on for fishing.... its so hard not fishing, i told my self i will not fish untill i get this thing done.

#14 ·
Wow dirty looking awesome brother. The paint is spectacular.

#16 ·
QUOTE(boomhauer @ Jun 11 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks great. Your doing a fine job on bringing that boat back to life.

If the outdrive and power unit are Mercruiser, I have a complete manual if you need it. I'll have to dig it out and check the yrs that the book covers, but yours should be in it.

That would be sweet. mine is a Volvo-Penta though. I heard those are better than a mercruiser but im new to the game so i have no idea. Thanks for the offer though wish i could have put it to use.

And thanks for the good words guys...

#17 ·
QUOTE(BillBuster @ Jun 11 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WOW Fast work and looking good

Thanks,hopefully i can get the skunk off this one right away eh...

I wish it was as fast as it looks on the computer hahaha. yesterday the ole lady said "its to bad we have to sleep half the 24hours of the day away cause i want to keep working on the boat" With out her help there is no way it would be this far along. she has been busting her a$$ on it just as much as me. Now if I could just get her to build her 53 Belair all by her self then perhaps i could take a break for a few weeks

#18 ·
AMAZING transformation - you guys should be very proud! And I think I must have driven by your house the other day unless someone else has a big blue Bayliner in their driveway lol (although I don't remember exactly where I was, maybe Lorraine?) No matter, but if I see it again and it's red I'll stop by and say hi if that's ok?!

I wanted to ask you about the tape/stripe removal - I have to do that too, and I don't know the best way to remove the glue (and it's not painted so I can't paint over any damage I may cause!) - how did you do yours please?

Keep up the good work, hope you're fishing soon.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(superman @ Jun 11 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AMAZING transformation - you guys should be very proud! And I think I must have driven by your house the other day unless someone else has a big blue Bayliner in their driveway lol (although I don't remember exactly where I was, maybe Lorraine?) No matter, but if I see it again and it's red I'll stop by and say hi if that's ok?!

I wanted to ask you about the tape/stripe removal - I have to do that too, and I don't know the best way to remove the glue (and it's not painted so I can't paint over any damage I may cause!) - how did you do yours please?

yea im on lorraine. if ya see me out there stop on by.... we used goof-off and a razorblade. the key was to keep going over the stripe with the goof-off. and it will start to come off easier the more it soaks in. i all so hit it with a powerwasher first that took alot off but thats cause it was all in real bad shape.

#20 ·
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jun 11 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Jun 11 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AMAZING transformation - you guys should be very proud! And I think I must have driven by your house the other day unless someone else has a big blue Bayliner in their driveway lol (although I don't remember exactly where I was, maybe Lorraine?) No matter, but if I see it again and it's red I'll stop by and say hi if that's ok?!

yea im on lorraine. if ya see me out there stop on by.... we used goof-off and a razorblade. the key was to keep going over the stripe with the goof-off. and it will start to come off easier the more it soaks in. i all so hit it with a powerwasher first that took alot off but thats cause it was all in real bad shape.

cool - thanks!

#23 ·
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and more... i really should host these on photobucket....

View attachment 62358
View attachment 62359

WOW! LOOKS BRAND NEW! I HAVE A QUESTION. I SEE YOU GUTTED THE V BERTH. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO PUT BACK ON THE SIDES? I RECENTLY DID THE SAME THING. I HAVE BARE FIBERGLASS.

#24 ·
Sure looks like a New Boat to me. CONGRADULATIONS!

h2o

#25 ·
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Jun 11 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dirty @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and more... i really should host these on photobucket....

View attachment 62358
View attachment 62359

WOW! LOOKS BRAND NEW! I HAVE A QUESTION. I SEE YOU GUTTED THE V BERTH. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO PUT BACK ON THE SIDES? I RECENTLY DID THE SAME THING. I HAVE BARE FIBERGLASS.

Lowes has marine carpet for 59cents a sq/ft i wasgoing to glue that on with some comercial carpet glue. im going to put it all over the roof and every thing. In black of course.

#26 ·
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jun 11 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Jun 11 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dirty @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and more... i really should host these on photobucket....

View attachment 62358
View attachment 62359

Lowes has marine carpet for 59cents a sq/ft i wasgoing to glue that on with some comercial carpet glue. im going to put it all over the roof and every thing. In black of course.

id do a tan/brown carpet just my opinion black is harder to keep looking clean any lint or anything standsout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.