Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the pertinent information: Weight: 41.45 lbs. Length: 43.75 inches. Taken from the Manistee River, Manistee County on September 9, 2009, 8:00 AM by Thomas M. Healy of Rockford, MI. Mr. Healy was spincasting with a rapala shad rap. The previous record, held by Casey Richey of Frankfort, MI, is 36.81 lbs. Mr. Richey's fish was caughtMay 13, 2007 from Lake Michigan, Benzie County/Frankfort Harbor.

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Sky Lake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
QUOTE(scienceguru @ Sep 10 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here's the pertinent information: Weight: 41.45 lbs. Length: 43.75 inches. Taken from the Manistee River, Manistee County on September 9, 2009, 8:00 AM by Thomas M. Healy of Rockford, MI. Mr. Healy was spincasting with a rapala shad rap. The previous record, held by Casey Richey of Frankfort, MI, is 36.81 lbs. Mr. Richey's fish was caughtMay 13, 2007 from Lake Michigan, Benzie County/Frankfort Harbor.

View attachment 66474

Casey Righey's record was the state record. The previous world record was 1 pound 3
ounces under Healy's, so around 40 pounds 4 ounces and was caught in Arkansas.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
manistee river has some big fish but I never saw one that big, but I lived far up the river. That is one huge brownie.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That fish was taken about 3 miles from my cabin, in a place called rainbow bend where bear creek dumps into the Manistee. really awesome fishing in that area, but holy sea cow this one is a monster!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That is Tim Roller from Ultimate Outfitters. I have fished with Tim before and he knows that river inside and out and catches big fish every year. He is the guy who really got things started with casting cranks in the river for early season kings. Here is a link to his website where he mentions this fish. Man, what a trophy!!!!

http://www.ultimateoutfitters.com/river%20conditions.htm

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(islander @ Sep 11 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Further proof that people who live in Rockford are superior fishermen

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought you live in Chesterfield Tom???

·
Vendor
539 Posts
FIELD N STREAM ARTICLE

Ya at first I was like - ok another photo of world record fish like the pike photo that seems to resurface up on LSCN 2-3 times a year lol. Then my dad shows me online articlce in Field N Stream on this incredible brown trout written by a friend of mine Dave Rose out of Traverse City. Figures I move to Montana and think about how much I miss musky fishing. Now Im in trout nirvana and thinking about MICHIGAN trout
. When it comes to overall fresh water fishing Michigan is best place on the planet.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/galle...out-cau?photo=0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts