Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
both of those fish are absurd. that brown eats enough king and steelhead eggs to cause its own salmonid population crash.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Anyone catch what the internet version of the detroit news said. They used the word snag....not a good idea, lol. I just read the paper version of the detroit news and it doesnt say anything about it being snagged, which would make it ineligible. (right?) Either way, nice catch! I could have sworn that ive seen that rainbow picture before, i would check into the authenticity of it.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(DRP @ Sep 10 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Must be the week for records. The world record Rainbow was caught this week too in Saskatchewan.... look here
http://www.fishinggeeks.net/

Those are the guys that fish up there for those Triploid rainbows. There should be a separate category for triploids IMO.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Not snagged. Caught on a body bait. Like others said before, just the non fishing public using the wrong word. Whenever I get back from a hunting trip the people at work ask if I "caught" anything. I say yes and I have it leashed up back behind the house

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Sep 11 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whenever I get back from a hunting trip the people at work ask if I "caught" anything. I say yes and I have it leashed up back behind the house

Funny chit! On Mondays, after a deer hunt, someone invariably would ask me "did you catch any?". My response would be something like, "well, when I jumped out of the tree I had the sun in my eyes. He turned his head at the last second and jumped back. Long story short, he'll be bigger when I catch him next year - but I now have blood in my urine so I'll be needing to go home early today to get to the doctor."

I am sure Grapes will chime in soon. He also likes to kill things (like ducks) with knives and geese with bow and arrows.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yesterdays FREE PRESS didn't say anything about 'snagging'. It did say the guy has been fisshing up there for 20 years, and that he took this fish to the DNR to weigh it, and they in turn took a scale sample.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.