Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, Shandog suggested I start a new thread and introduce myself so here goes...

I've been lurking for over a year now and finally decided to jump in the fray, this is too much fun!!

I married into a sailing family 13 years ago, never boated at all before that. We bought our first boat 6 years ago, a 1977 Catalina 27 sailboat, originally named Breakin Wind, we quickly renamed her to SunByrnes (play on my last name). We were at Harbor 9 for 3 years and are now on our 3rd year at Michigan Harbor. we are mainly day sailors but have spent several weekends at Seaway Island (not in the past few years though since the water dropped) and a few nights in Fords Cove. Actually last year I believe we night sailed as much as we day sailed

I have been racing the past few years on a T-10 (Tartan 10) but this year I will be crewing on another C27 to help me learn more about the handling of my own boat.

We run a side business doing DJ and Karaoke gigs, the name of the business is Porta Party Productions, hence the handle (You bring the people, We'll bring the party) (the website is listed in my profile)

I have 2 boys and my oldest is really learning a lot about boating the past year or so, our first trip out this year we let him have the helm and he was sailing great for at least an hour or so without any help, even gibed the boat with great finesse! (Not bad for a 10 yr old!!)

My wife and I are by nature wild outgoing party people so I'm sure I will meet some of you sooner than later!! We are slip 308 I believe in Michigan Harbor so stop by and say Hi if you see us down there, there' ALWAYS a bottle of rum on board (standard provisions doncha know) and plenty of extra cups......

Oh yeah, my boat is the "little" one in the foreground of this pic

Attachments

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Welcome Porta Party! Look forward to seeing you around

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
You lurked for a whole YEAR? WoW!!

Looks like you guys are party peeps too - you'll fit right in! Feel free to come to the next get-together we have - you'll have a great time- Guaranteed!!

Umm...I'm sure your boat is not really that teency - it's just next to a monster for cryin' out loud - the pic is funny though!!

Welcome again!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
But you're not a Newbie anymore.

Welcome!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the invite, look forward to it!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts