Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am new to this board.

I have just recently gotten my son (10) all excited about fishing so he and I have been going out a lot lately. We now want to try LSC for a little bass/perch fishing.

I am looking for recommendations on:

1. Where to rent a boat. I'm looking for something small for 2-3 people.
2. Where to go to find the bass/perch. I have a pretty good map of LSC so I should be able to find locations.
3. When to go. My options this week are Friday evening (4-9 PM) or early Saturday morning.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise and recommendations.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Had the exact situation with an 8 yr old and went to Jimmy's and got the Pontoon boat. Took the wife and my 4 and 8 yr old out for the first time.

One little bass but that's all it took...He's hooked. We are looking at boats now to try and get out more as shore fishing in LSC is minimal. You really have to get out in the lake to understand how good it really is.

Just my two cents.

QUOTE(gacuff @ Jul 27 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone.

I am new to this board.

I have just recently gotten my son (10) all excited about fishing so he and I have been going out a lot lately. We now want to try LSC for a little bass/perch fishing.

I am looking for recommendations on:

1. Where to rent a boat. I'm looking for something small for 2-3 people.
2. Where to go to find the bass/perch. I have a pretty good map of LSC so I should be able to find locations.
3. When to go. My options this week are Friday evening (4-9 PM) or early Saturday morning.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise and recommendations.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The lake is always rough in the summertime on weekends. I would highly suggest going Friday afternoon if that is an option especially since you will be in a smaller boat. I have a 20' boat and I swore off fishing weekends on St Clair two weeks ago due to waves from the boat traffic. My two bits. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.