Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey LSCN,
Just to let you all know....MrsP-29Fun Police has just quit smoking(As of Midnight). Lets give her all the encouragement we can!!! I know we have a couple other members that have quit recently too!! Go Sarah Go!!!
You can Do It!!!!!

XO

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
What are you gonna spend all of that cig mony on now that you have quit??

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
You go, girl! PROUD OF YOU

I need to quit AGAIN.

(...add me to this loser list, too...)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You have made the right decision..
...Good For You.....

The tough part is yet to come....
..Make it through that....
And it`s smooth sailing......

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Sarah,

If I find out you've touched a cigarette, I'll never make another "Kevin Speedo" picture ever again.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks Everyone for your support. I have been really looking forward to quitting smoking and I know that I can do it. I have been on medicine for two weeks now to relax me so now I will just take it one day at a time.

Thanks,

Sarah

·
Registered
508 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 17 2004, 09:55 AM)Sarah,

If I find out you've touched a cigarette, I'll never make another "Kevin Speedo" picture ever again.

You can't threaten me with that. Those pics crack me up!!

Sarah

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(scarab p-29 @ Jan 17 2004, 10:04 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 17 2004, 09:55 AM) Sarah,

You can't threaten me with that. Those pics crack me up!!

Sarah
Well, then I guess you know what you have to do then.

I probably wouldn't be able to stop making them anyway. They are pretty darn funny.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Good luck to you, Sarah!

I know you can do it! You are strong and can beat them. I won't post horror stories, but if you ever want to talk....I'm there for you.

Go Mrs. FP!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Good Luck Sarah ~ you know I'm in your corner pulling for you!!

When you get "the urge" just call me - I'll talk you through it

We're both gonna be O.K., and god willing live longer, healthier lives now.

That little purple pill has been doing wonders curtailing my urges - makes me horny as he!! though

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 17 2004, 04:40 PM)Good Luck Sarah ~ you know I'm in your corner pulling for you!!

When you get "the urge" just call me - I'll talk you through it

We're both gonna be O.K., and god willing live longer, healthier lives now.

That little purple pill has been doing wonders curtailing my urges - makes me horny as he!! though

Really??????? Hmmmmm I want to quit..... sounds like that might be the perfect answer...talk to me. What purple pill????

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well it has been one day without smoking and I think that I am doing OK. This Welbutrin "purple pill" really does help. The only time that I really wanted a cig was when it started snowing this morning and I could not get a hold P-29's crew ultimatley resulting in him coming home. I felt really bad but I guess that is a part of being a business owner. I do have to say that this has never happened in the five years we have been together though, so he knew I wasn't joking when I said to come home from TUT.

As far as my cravings go, I have noticed that I do not get short tempered or Bi-Polar, I just want to cry which is totally not what I am like.

Thank you everyone for all of your support and Shannon the same goes for you, call me anytime!!
Sarah

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I don't think it's the wellbutrin that makes you want to cry Sarah - it's the no nicotine in your system that's making you freak out. The first 72 hours of no nicotine is the worst, then it gets much easier. I promise

Mrs.S: wellbutrin does really work wonders if you are trying to quit. Originally an anti-depressant, the doctors found that all the patients they were prescribing it to had also quit smoking, AND lost weight. The correlation is that the pills help release dopamine which in some peeps it makes them euphoric, and in other peeps it curbs cravings for food and nicotine. My recommendation if you want to try it is take it for 2 weeks first, then quit smoking. It'll make the first 72 hours much more easier on you.

Other than the curbed cravings, I really haven't had any other side effects good or bad. After a few cocktails last night I wanted a cigarette, but "smoked" a pretzel stick instead
Hey, it worked!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Boy, I think I want one of those little blue pills!!! Not that I have a problem in the horn dog department...but it can't hurt to want it even more
dang...............I could use help in the weight loss though <_<

I am proud of those that have quiet! It's tough, but well worth the extra years your family will get to spend with you and they will be more quality ones at that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok, here is the "Day 2" update I have NOT wanted to smoke all morning and I did not cry.
I actually have been more calm and patient than normal. It must be that I am a little more concious that I can blow it at any time.

Thank for all of the support.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 48 Posts