Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gentleman...I'll be eating good today. Went to sun-up Marina and caught this fine mess. I've been ignoring those no parking signs for years and no one ever says anything to me. When you drive in, as long as you park on the LEFT hand side nobody will say anything to ya. You park on the right and they just might.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 6 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well gentleman...I'll be eating good today. Went to sun-up Marina and caught this fine mess. I've been ignoring those no parking signs for years and no one ever says anything to me. When you drive in, as long as you park on the LEFT hand side nobody will say anything to ya. You park on the right and they just might.

now thats some fine eating. someday i will find some up here. i am usaually in alabama right now crappie fishing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The reason there are no parking signs are because of liability of people hitting boats or doing damage to them or anything else and because people leave trash everywhere! i would obey them or your vehicle might be towed

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 7 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice mess of fish. I got into a few up at Murphy Lake last week. Its just so darn hard to find the crappy on ice. Good find.

Crappie are always in the Salt River. Just two years ago me and some friends were killing them in there! I'm not kidding these crappies were all at least 18"!! Limiting out! They were almost as wide as they were long and I've never seen crappie that big in my whole life! I'll tell anybody, Lake St. Clair is home to the biggest crappie in the state and I know cuz I've seen them! Best way I catch them is light line with a shank hook, minnow and a bobber. If you use a teardrop, let it down ever so slowly and watch for your line to loosen. As soon as that happens set your hook!

·
Registered
52 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 7 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 7 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice mess of fish. I got into a few up at Murphy Lake last week. Its just so darn hard to find the crappy on ice. Good find.

Crappie are always in the Salt River. Just two years ago me and some friends were killing them in there! I'm not kidding these crappies were all at least 18"!! Limiting out! They were almost as wide as they were long and I've never seen crappie that big in my whole life! I'll tell anybody, Lake St. Clair is home to the biggest crappie in the state and I know cuz I've seen them! Best way I catch them is light line with a shank hook, minnow and a bobber. If you use a teardrop, let it down ever so slowly and watch for your line to loosen. As soon as that happens set your hook!

That some good info. I have never fished the salt. Where abouts do you go out?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 7 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 7 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 7 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice mess of fish. I got into a few up at Murphy Lake last week. Its just so darn hard to find the crappy on ice. Good find.

That some good info. I have never fished the salt. Where abouts do you go out?

Go straight in. Park to the very left at the end. Straight in front of you is the marina channel, go in it and make a right. Go down about 10 or more dock poles and fish close to the poles. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.