Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
If you listen to the video and read the caption in the upper right hand corner they were fishing for lake trout and kept catching musky not targetting them.
Surprised you guys didn't mention what a nice hold he had on the fish and congratulate them on the quick release and how feisty the fish was once let go.
With the ever increasing population of musky it is impossible not to catch them while fishing for other species. Nice video and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Oct 14 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you listen to the video and read the caption in the upper right hand corner they were fishing for lake trout and kept catching musky not targetting them.
Surprised you guys didn't mention what a nice hold he had on the fish and congratulate them on the quick release and how feisty the fish was once let go.
With the ever increasing population of musky it is impossible not to catch them while fishing for other species. Nice video and thanks for sharing.

You really nailed it. If I put a tip up out that has a chub or golden shiner on it, I can't control what hits it. That being said I don't use tip-ups on LSC because I'd rather use those lines to catch perch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.