Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, it looks like a nice weekend, and i have a itchy spinning finger
can you guys give me suggestions on where to go for ANYTHING that will bite?
tried metro last weekend, perch are still there, biting on 1/4 pieces of crawlers, but they are barely big enough for pike bait.
looking for early pike, carp, sheephead, anything with some weight!!
dont have the boat out yet, so it would have to be from shore.
i was thinking of going for pike at the spillway, but not too sure yet..
just got my first order from Bass pro today!!
red eyes, super shad raps, trebles, 2 heavy action trolling rods, etc etc.,(thanks mom for the gift card at x-mas)
well everyone, before you know it we will be burnt and wishing it was winter!!!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
if you want some hot carp action, try kent lake. plenty of shore access and with the recent warm temps, those pigs should be rooting up the shallows.

madman himself

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Clinton River mouth should be starting any day now with the warm weather...Also the SCS coast guard station too...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would avoid the spillway. my friend was there monday, and was told by DNR that pike are off limits there right now.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Spillway is like the Clinton River or any river, creek, ect. that feeds into St.Clair. It's considered inland waters and the regulations are different than St. Clair.

h2o<--- pike are off limits.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Just to clarrify. Fishing for walleye and pike on Lake St. Clair/St. Clair River/Detroit River are perfectly legal right now. I would agree with H20 about the spillway, Clinton River, and other tributaries. They are off limits. Not sure on the boat canals????

I'm heading out on Saturday to blow the dust of my boat and do some scouting. We'll probably make a cast or 2 for the species above just for fun as well. Can't freaking wait.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
As far as where to go.....Everything is probably a bit early but doesn't hurt to try.

Pike, should be availible in the shallow of in Anchor Bay and Fairhaven. Now is when they spawn. The edges along the North/Middle channels may work as well

Walleye, if I had to pick I would say out from of Metro, the Spillway, or Clinton River.

Of course these are all boating opportunities.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The Spillway is a cutoff canal off of the Clinton River.It empties into StClair between Gino`s and the 400 club. If you have a Hot Spots Map it is the #5 waypoint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts