Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL i am brand new to this forum and am looking forward to sharing experiences and knowledge with ye ole wise ones.

Looking for tips and techniques.. some of my "non-fishing" friends would like to go out shore fishing for walleye at night, and as luck would have it, everytime i take someone out for anything we can't even catch a cold. i'm thinking about brandenburg park, i know it has a good rep and it's a rather close drive for me. just wondering if any of ya'll have fished from shore there or anywhere for that matter for late summer night time 'eyes. much appreciated, Matt.

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EPIC FAIL..... so on impulse i decided to go out by myself and give it a whirl.. ya i'm already back. not a sniff of walleye but caught a pair of 3 lb largemouth and had a few hits from what i believe to be pike.. actually saw quite a few 3 foot pike after dark cruising the weedbeds.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well where did ya go? You might want to do a search for past threads, 9 mile pier can be good, or behind blossom heath, marine cities lighthouse park(no idea what its called but there's a lil lighthouse there) on the river. good luck, and welcome to LSCN.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i dont thnk you will find any wally's at brandonburg if you are going to try and target them from shore right now the rivers are your best bet but remember the reports has slowed down the past couple weeks as they are in a transitional phase

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the reply's! i'll just try and stick with the perch for now ! i still don't fully understand the migratory patterns of the walleye.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Kahr9mm...Was that you out there?? I was fishin about halfway down and talked to someone that was wally fishing. I was targeting pike, casting towards the launch with a booyah MoonTalker. I got a few LMB and a few bites off something else, bass im assuming.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I fish the Detroit River from shore at night (Canadian side), and have done fairly decent this summer. I've caught 11 from shore, my buddy 6, but we go out a few nights a week usually, and from 9 or 10pm sometimes 'till as late (early! lol) as 3:30am. They can be tough to find from shore, and we've never gotten more than 3 between us in one night. You do have to have some patience and put in your time on the water, in the darkness, but you should eventually be rewarded. They do come in close at night.

If there are any breakwalls, or long walkable shoreline of moderately shallow water (10 ft or less) near deep water, try "trolling" the shoreline with those size 10 adidas!
Cast out a crank of your choice (deep or shallow, find out what they like), or a jig tipped with your choice (I prefer Gulp Alive minnow grubs in white), and go for a walk, "trolling" the bait behind you. You can cover a lit of water this way, and it's good exercise. I've caught several this way, as well as casting from a few spots that have been good to me. Again, shallow water that is not too far from deep water, with some structure around (rocks, current breaks, weeds, etc.). If you see small baitfish splashing around, cast there.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.